A benefit available to Johns Hopkins Health System employees in calendar year 2021
You care for our patients. Let us care for you.
Now, more than ever, it is important to take care of yourself. That’s why the Johns Hopkins Health System will once again offer employees and their adult dependents (age 18 or older) an opportunity to participate in an innovative primary care practice called Direct Primary Care.
With in-person and virtual-care offerings, Direct Primary Care has options that allow you to manage your health care needs on your schedule.
- Same-day appointments
- Longer hours
- Video visits
- Virtual consultations
- MyChart messages and online scheduling
- After-hours calls with a provider, when appropriate
View the 2021 Direct Primary Care Welcome Packet below for patient information.
The Direct Primary Care practice is located on the Howard County General Hospital campus in the Medical Arts Building (MAB):
11085 Little Patuxent Parkway, Suite 103
Columbia, Maryland 21044
As members of Johns Hopkins Community Physicians (JHCP), the Direct Primary Care providers deliver personalized care that addresses your needs, so that you can maintain your health on your time.
The people who work there are a dedicated team that truly cares about my health and wellness. My provider listens to my health concerns and needs, and addresses them well. She even reaches out every so often via MyChart to see how I am doing.
~Kendra Fryer, employee at Howard County General Hospital
See what our providers and patients have to say about the practice.
Our Primary Care Services
Direct Primary Care offers additional benefits to your selected Employer Health Program (EHP) insurance plan. As part of this benefit, select primary care services are available through Direct Primary Care for no additional charge, including:
- 8 primary care office or video visits, with no co-payment*
- 1 annual physical
- 1 flu vaccine
- 6 rapid tests (any combination of flu, streptococcus, urine, pregnancy and A1C)
- 1 electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Unlimited telephone consultation
- Unlimited direct access through phone and MyChart portal
- Unlimited blood draws and urine collections*
- Unlimited prior authorizations of medications
- Unlimited care coordination
* Costs may be incurred for ancillary services conducted during the visit and for lab work.
Just like other JHCP practices, Direct Primary Care is there to support your care needs that extend beyond in-office services. If needed, our Direct Primary Care providers will work with you to find specialists such as radiologists, gynecologists and endocrinologists who are covered by your EHP insurance plan.
During the time of COVID-19, Direct Primary Care may need to adjust its care offerings for your safety. Please check back regularly for current services.
Direct Primary Care is available to all Johns Hopkins Health System employees, as well as adult dependents age 18 years or older. DPC is NOT available for Johns Hopkins University employees at this time.
Johns Hopkins Health System employees include:
- Howard County General Hospital
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
- Johns Hopkins Community Physicians
- Johns Hopkins HealthCare
- Johns Hopkins Health System
- Johns Hopkins Home Care Group
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Johns Hopkins Medicine International
- Sibley Memorial Hospital
- Suburban Hospital
Questions About Direct Primary Care?
Email us at DirectPC@jhmi.edu