Direct Primary Care
Direct Primary Care is here to help you make your health a priority.
You care for our patients. Let us care for you.
The Johns Hopkins Employer Health Programs Direct Primary Care (DPC) plan offers personalized care to Johns Hopkins Health System employees, their spouses and dependents (18 and over).
- 24/7 access to a provider
- a PCP who knows you and your health needs
- same-day appointments
- extended office hours
- after-hours phone calls with a provider
- messaging, mobile scheduling and video visits
- lifestyle account
- no co-payments for DPC visits
- discounted co-payment for behavioral health services
DPC is offered to Johns Hopkins Health System employees through the Johns Hopkins Employer Health Programs (EHP) Direct Primary Care Plan. There is no cost for an office visit with a DPC provider or behavioral health services. The DPC plan will include out-of-network coverage. The coverage is 70/30 to match the EHP DPC plan. You will have access to the EHP network and the preferred network, which includes Cigna PPO physicians and providers. In addition, employees who enroll in this plan will receive a $240 pre-funded lifestyle account, administered by Forma, to spend on certain lifestyle needs, such as gym memberships, fitness classes and meditation app subscriptions. More information will be shared here when available.
On This Page
The Direct Primary Care practice is located on the Johns Hopkins Howard County Medical Center campus in the Medical Arts Building (MAB):
11085 Little Patuxent Parkway, Suite 103
Columbia, Maryland 21044
As members of Johns Hopkins Community Physicians, the Direct Primary Care providers deliver personalized care that addresses your needs, so that you can maintain your health on your time.
Please note, that as a DPC member and sponsor of the plan, you MUST select one of the three Direct Primary Care providers - Norman Dy, M.D., Carolyn Le, C.R.N.P., or Melody Nangle, C.R.N.P. - as your primary care provider. Scheduling with a primary care provider or office outside of the DPC PPO Plan is considered out of network and will incur an additional cost. This only applies to the sponsor on the plan (employee), not to the dependents.
Norman M Dy, M.D.
Carolyn Le, D.N.P., C.R.N.P.
Melody Nangle, C.R.N.P.
The people who work there are a dedicated team that truly cares about my health and wellness. My provider listens to my health concerns and needs, and addresses them well. She even reaches out every so often via MyChart to see how I am doing.~Employee at Johns Hopkins Howard County Medical Center
See what our providers and patients have to say about the practice.
Our Primary Care Services
Direct Primary Care offers the following primary care benefits:
- Unlimited primary care office or video visits, with no co-payment*
- 1 annual physical
- 1 flu vaccine
- 6 rapid tests (any combination of flu, streptococcus, urine, pregnancy and A1C)
- 1 electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Unlimited telephone consultation
- Unlimited direct access through phone and MyChart portal
- Unlimited blood draws and urine collections*
* Costs may be incurred for ancillary services conducted during the visit and for lab work.
Just like other Johns Hopkins Community Physicians practices, Direct Primary Care is there to support your care needs that extend beyond in-office services. If needed, our Direct Primary Care providers will work with you to find specialists such as radiologists, gynecologists and endocrinologists who are covered by your EHP insurance plan.
The Johns Hopkins Employer Health Programs (EHP) Direct Primary Care Plan is available to all Johns Hopkins Health System employees, as well as adult dependents age 18 years or older. DPC is NOT available for Johns Hopkins University employees at this time.
Johns Hopkins Health System employees include:
- Johns Hopkins Howard County Medical Center
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
- Johns Hopkins Community Physicians
- Johns Hopkins HealthCare
- Johns Hopkins Health System
- Johns Hopkins Care at Home
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Johns Hopkins Medicine International
- Sibley Memorial Hospital
- Suburban Hospital