Whether you are traveling from a continent away or right across town, coming for an appointment at the world-famous campus of The Johns Hopkins Hospital or one of our convenient suburban locations, the resources below will help you request appointments, expand your knowledge, get directions and prepare for your visit.
Recorded seminars presented by our expert urologists
Books authored by our prostate cancer experts
Get a Second Opinion
Our urologists offer in-person second opinions for diagnosis and treatment, working closely with your current physician.
Watch and read the stories of patients who have received treatment for a variety of conditions from Johns Hopkins urologists.
For Referring Physicians
Refer a patient, search the directory, and connect out-of-state and international patients with urology services.
Post-Operative Care for Urology Patients
Watch this short video to learn what you can expect during your stay at the hospital.
Patient StoriesKidney Cancer and Chordoma: Craig’s Story
When Craig Scholl, a 54-year-old 911 supervisor, was diagnosed with cancer, he and his wife made a trip to The Johns Hopkins Hospital. There, specialists in urology, oncology, neurosurgery and other areas collaborated on a multidisciplinary approach that helped Craig regain his health.
Updates in Women's Bladder Cancer
Armine Smith, M.D., and Jean Hoffman-Censits, M.D.
New Ways to Detect Prostate Cancer
Christian Pavlovich, M.D.
Urinary Incontinence: When to Get Help
Edward Wright, M.D.
Advances in Robotic Prostatectomy
Mohamad Allaf, M.D. and Nurse Navigator Anastasia Padilla
Individualized Prostate Cancer Care
H. Ballentine Carter, M.D.
- Dr. Patrick Walsh’s Guide to Surviving Prostate Cancer, Patrick Walsh, M.D.
- The Whole Life Prostate Book: Everything That Every Man — at Every Age — Needs to Know About Maintaining Optimal Prostate Health, H. Ballentine Carter, M.D.
- The Prostate: A Guide for Men and the Women Who Love Them, Patrick Walsh, M.D.
- Johns Hopkins Patients’ Guide to Prostate Cancer, Arthur Burnett, M.D.
- Prostate Cancer Survivors Speak Their Minds: Advice on Options, Treatments and Aftereffects, Arthur Burnett, M.D.