The Pediatric Psychiatry Program at Johns Hopkins All Children’s in St. Petersburg, Florida, treats children and teens with a variety of mental health disorders including ADHD, anxiety, depression, psychosis and behavioral conditions. Services include new patient evaluation and medication management.
Why Choose Johns Hopkins All Children’s
The psychiatry team:
- Helps patients and families understand mental health disorders and achieve interventions and accommodations throughout their childhood and adolescent years
- Spends the time developing and/or modifying a treatment plan and life plan, collaborating with and educating patients and families in the process
- Offers patients 80-minute initial evaluation sessions and 20-, 40- or 60-minute follow-up sessions
- Provides knowledgeable and experienced evaluation and treatment for new patients ages 3 to 17
- Sees established patients until age 21 and helps with the transition to adult care
- Provides continuity of psychiatric care with a single provider
- Has physicians on call nights and weekends for existing patients in the event of a psychiatric emergency (Call 911 first if necessary)
- Collaborates with other Johns Hopkins All Children’s specialists to provide patients additional specialty care, if needed
What to Expect
Our services include:
- New patient evaluations
- Medication management
- Collaborate with parents, medical professionals, teachers and mental health providers to provide treatment and accommodation plans for each stage of life
- Prescriptions and refills
Routine prescriptions and refills are handled only during regular office hours. Please allow 48 hours to complete refill requests. When you call for a refill, please give the name of the medication, the dosage, the number of pills, the phone number for your pharmacy or your mailing address for us to mail you a prescription.
Some medications, by law, cannot be called in to a pharmacy. You will need a written prescription. In these cases, you need to either pick up the prescription or request it be mailed to you.
Please allow one week delivery time by mail.
Meet Our Psychiatrists
Our experts help you and your child navigate mental health disorders through intervention and evaluation.
For more information or to make an appointment, please give us a call at the phone number below. We serve families in the greater Tampa Bay area and beyond.