Johns Hopkins Medicine in the Greater Washington area is pleased to offer free online webinars to address some of our community’s most pressing health concerns. Throughout the year we will feature experts who present the latest information on a variety of health topics to help us navigate the times we live in, including:
- Information to help navigate our new post-COVID-19 realities
- Strategies for knowing your rights as it pertains to health and health information
- Ways to stay mentally healthy and strong during difficult times
You have two ways to participate. Each online webinar will be offered live, with a replay made available on this page. Internet connection is required.
Racism: Let's Talk - the History of Racism in America
Zoom video recording to come.
Sibley Senior Association’s Lunch and Learn with Steven K. Ragsdale.
First session - History of Racism in America, recorded on Tuesday, August 18, 2020.
- What is the relationship between Race and Medicine in American History?
- What can the communities do to bring more attention to the substance of the issues moving forward?
Issues discussed include:
- Signs of stress
- Dealing with stress
- Building resilience – what are the strategies and tools
- Coping skills and strategies
Controlling chronic disease can improve outcomes in COVID-19. Learn more about telemedicine and vaccines – and the importance of maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Main topics include:
- COVID-19 - what do we know?
- Assessing care - is it safe to go to the doctor
- Preventive recommendation for seniors
A discussion on in cancer treatments. Panelists also addressed:
- Challenges facing healthcare workers during the pandemic
- Differences in care faced by older adults
- Barriers to providing optimal care and what can be done to address the issue
Mindfulness meditation is the practice of being present with one's life. It fosters
- Authentic communication
- A greater sense of personal and group dignity
- Discipline, warmth, clarity, and motivation
Experts discuss key legal issues emerging from the COVID-19 pandemic, including:
- Wills, advance directives and powers of attorney
- Eviction/foreclosure protections and payment plans
- Health insurance questions— and how to get help
Hear an update on COVID-19 in DC and learn:
- How to deal with depression and isolation
- Self-care tips for well-being
A conversation on dealing with:
- Grief, anxiety and the new normal