Due to the high volume of incoming and present volunteers, we are currently not accepting new volunteer applications at this time. Please check back in during the summer to see what available opportunities we may have. Thank you for your consideration and support of Suburban Hospital!
Volunteering can be one of the most rewarding ways to spend your time. At Suburban Hospital, hundreds of volunteers give back to our community and are making a difference every day. Like our employees, our volunteers are part of a team dedicated to the Mission, Vision and Values of Suburban Hospital. This diverse group of caring individuals wants to help others, and we want you to join them.
Come show your commitment to patient care and help us ensure that our patients, visitors and staff receive the best service possible. Our volunteers give thousands of hours of service each year in many different ways.
- Care Coordination
- Clerical Assistant (Office duties)
- Emergency Services (College/Pre-Med Students)
- Information Desk
- Patient and Family Resource Center
- Surgical and Cath Lab Reception Areas
- Mail Delivery/Book Cart
- Patient Care Units
- Food & Nutrition Services
For more than 75 years, Suburban Hospital has provided high-quality health care for the residents of Montgomery County and beyond. Our volunteers have been an integral part of our health care team, and we value their contribution. Many thanks for your interest in volunteering your time with us. We look forward to hearing from you soon. If you have any questions, please call 301-896-3092.
Being a volunteer at Suburban Hospital requires a positive attitude and a desire to serve others. A commitment to patient care must come first, and dedication to high-quality customer service is a must. Volunteers may begin any time of the year. Orientations for new volunteers are held frequently and include an overview of Suburban Hospital and volunteer roles/duties.
All applicants must:
- Be at least 15 years old
- Complete an application packet
- Sign the Volunteer Agreement
- Attend orientation
- Submit required vaccine documentation
- Receive or produce a tuberculin screening test and flu vaccination initially at orientation and annually thereafter.
- Note: Should you be accepted for placement, a background application will be required for those persons age 19 and older
For all questions and application inquiries, please contact the volunteer office at [email protected].