Volunteer at Suburban Hospital
Volunteering can be one of the most rewarding ways to spend your time. At Suburban Hospital, hundreds of volunteers give back to our community and are making a difference every day. Like our employees, our volunteers are part of a team dedicated to the Mission, Vision and Values of Suburban Hospital. This diverse group of caring individuals wants to help others, and we want you to join them.
Come show your commitment to patient care and help us ensure that our patients, visitors and staff receive the best service possible. Our volunteers give thousands of hours of service each year in many different ways.
Include but are not limited to:
- Animal Assisted Therapy
- Information Desk
- Surgical and Cath Lab Reception Areas
- Mail Delivery/Book Cart
- Occupational Health
- Patient Care Units
- Patient Transport
For more than 75 years, Suburban Hospital has provided high-quality health care for the residents of Montgomery County and beyond. Our volunteers have been an integral part of our health care team, and we value their contribution. Many thanks for your interest in volunteering your time with us. We look forward to hearing from you soon. If you have any questions, please call email us at [email protected].
Being a volunteer at Suburban Hospital requires a positive attitude and a desire to serve others. A commitment to patient care must come first, and dedication to high-quality customer service is a must. Volunteers may begin any time of the year. Orientations for new volunteers are held frequently and include an overview of Suburban Hospital and volunteer roles/duties.
All applicants must:
- Be at least 15 years old
- Complete an application and all onboarding requirements
- Attend orientation
- Submit required vaccine documentation
- Note: Should you be accepted for placement, a background application will be required for those persons age 18 and older
Interested in applying?
- For all volunteer inquiries: at this time Suburban Hospital is not accepting new applications and will plan to reopen applications in the spring.
- For all observer inquiries