Facilities Designed With You in Mind
The Johns Hopkins Hospital medical campus includes several buildings connected with each other for easy access to various patient care areas. From the Nelson/Harvey building and the Sheikh Zayed Tower, to The Charlotte R. Bloomberg Children's Center, our state-of-the-art facilities offer a healing environment that supports the visionary care that The Johns Hopkins Hospital has been delivering for more than a century.
What Our Facilities Have to Offer
Being a patient is never easy, and you deserve the best that medicine can offer. Our healing environment provides you and your family with a sense of control over stressful situations, and allows for more comfortable rest and recovery.
Patient Rooms Designed for Your Comfort
When you stay in our upgraded facilities, you can enjoy one of our spacious private and semi-private rooms with private baths, in-room TVs and sleep sofas and chairs for families. Additional luxury amenities are available in a limited number of deluxe rooms at the Marburg Pavilion.
Convenient Access to All Areas
The hospital's main entryway on Orleans Street features one continuous airport-style canopy, shielding you from inclement weather as you arrive. All areas of the hospital are accessible through this single entrance. Visitors can also use the convenient traffic circle off of Wolfe Street. For those seeking emergency care, our bright, spacious, emergency department offers easily accessible emergency entrances, the most sophisticated radiology services in the country and convenient parking.
Comprehensive Patient and Visitor Amenities
During your hospital stay, you and your visitors will enjoy hotel-style amenities, including valet parking, free WiFi and concierge services. Public spaces include a modern food court and gift shops, family lounges and landscaped gardens for meditation and reflection.
Family-Friendly Pediatric Care
From the moment you enter the soaring lobby of the Johns Hopkins Children’s Center, you sense that this is a space for sophisticated pediatric care that understands the unique healthcare needs of children. This facility includes family-friendly features, such as a two-story indoor play area, laundry and kitchenettes on every floor for family members and a fitness and recreation center.
Customized Food Service
Oncology, pediatric, obstetric and medicine patients can order meals on demand, and all patients can choose from a wide range of dining options customized to meet their nutritional needs and preferences. Guests can enjoy Balducci's Cafe located in the Zayed Tower and healthy dining options ranging from a casual breakfast to a fast convenient dinner in the Cobblestone Café, all without leaving the hospital.
An Environment of Beauty
The hospital's elegant interior features natural materials, like terrazzo floors and marble and limestone walls, and a dramatic art collection with pieces from renowned artists on display throughout the hospital.
Thoughtful Design and Architecture Throughout
Patients who stay in our facilities will appreciate artistic, aesthetic and technological elements, including:
- Sound-absorbing materials in patient care areas, including ceiling tiles over clinical hallways and busy workstations
- Workstations between every two patient rooms so your medical care team can stay close to your bedside for better monitoring and access to your records
- Sun-filled rooms and peaceful public spaces that serve as respites for you and your visitors
- A quiet nurse-call system to eliminate noisy overhead paging
Innovations You Don’t See
Just as important to your care are the innovations that you may not see but that enable your caregivers — and the hospital environment itself — to work more effectively, including:
- An advanced air circulation system with filtration to prevent the spread of germs and reduce respiratory complications
- The latest surgical technologies in our operating rooms, including intraoperative CT and MRI
- A real-time locating system that instantly tracks equipment anywhere in the hospital and can locate staff on the inpatient units
- Radiologic imaging suites with the most sophisticated diagnostic imaging and radiology services in the country
- An automated underground system that hauls supplies and waste materials through a tunnel and out to the hospital’s loading dock, a quarter mile from patient care areas
- Highly advanced computer systems to help your medical care team respond to problems