Johns Hopkins offers one of the most comprehensive and dynamic pediatric residency programs in the U.S.
- Golden weekends
- Research meeting stipends
All house staff of the Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions are offered contracts for one year, renewable on an annual basis for the duration of the residency training program at the discretion of the program director. The agreement and supporting graduate medical education policies of The Johns Hopkins University are in accordance with the regulations of the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education.
Resident salaries for 2020-2021:
- Intern (PGY-1) $57,160
- Assistant Resident (PGY-2) $59,570
- Resident (PGY-3) $62,439
Every pediatric resident has 5 weeks of vacation PER YEAR. The vacation time for the year is set and announced at the beginning of the academic year and must be used within the academic year (July 1-June 30). Unused vacation time for residents does not carry over beyond the end of the academic year and will not be paid out as a supplement if it is not taken.
Residents receive a yearly meal stipend. Food is also provided at noon conference four days a week.
- Hospitalization and Major Medical
- Insurance Comprehensive Ambulatory Care Services
- Dental Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Maternal/Paternal Leave Policy
Resources and Connections
- Johns Hopkins University School of Public Health
- Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing
- Johns Hopkins Armstrong Institute for Patient Safety and Quality
- Johns Hopkins University School of Education
- Johns Hopkins Welch Medical Library