Established in 2004, the MRB Molecular Imaging Service Center and Cancer Functional Imaging Core provides comprehensive molecular and functional imaging infrastructure to support the imaging research needs of the Johns Hopkins University faculty. Approximately 55-65 different Principal Investigators use the center annually.
The MRB Molecular Imaging Service Center is located behind the barrier within the transgenic animal facility in the basement of MRB.
Equipment and Services
- 9.4T MRI/S scanner for magnetic resonance imaging and spectroscopy
- Olympus multiphoton microscope with in vivo imaging capability
- PET-CT scanner
- PET-SPECT scanner,
- SPECT-CT scanner for nuclear imaging
- Multiple optical imaging scanners including an IVIS Spectrum
- LI COR near infrared scanner
- Ultrasound scanner.
A brand new satellite facility in CRB2-LB03 houses a simultaneous 7T PET-MR scanner, as well as additional imaging equipment, to meet the growing molecular and functional imaging research needs of investigators.
To Image with Us
MRB Animal Facility training session and Imaging Center Orientation session are required to obtain access to the MRB Animal Facility and to the MRB Molecular Imaging Center (Suite B14). Please keep in mind that obtaining access to both facilities requires time, so please plan in advance.
- The MRB Animal Facility training group meets at 9:30 am on Thursdays at the Turner fountain/MRB elevator lobby.
- The Imaging Center orientation group meets at 1 pm on Thursdays at the Turner fountain, and orientation takes approximately 30 min.
The service center has dedicated technical and administrative staff to assist users. Reservations and charging are done through iLab. New users should contact Dr. Elena Artemova (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Mr. Desmond Jacob (email@example.com).Miller Research Building of the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
733 North Broadway
Baltimore, MD 21205
Zaver M. Bhujwalla, M.Sc., Ph.D.
Desmond Jacob, Research Associate
Xiaoju Yang, Research Technologist
Elena Artemova, Budget Analyst