“We couldn’t be prouder of the way our nurses stepped up to the unique challenges posed by [the] global coronavirus pandemic. You quickly accepted new assignments that took you out of your comfort zones. You learned how to operate testing centers, and how to don and doff personal protective equipment."
LeighAnn Sidone, D.N.P., R.N., C.E.N.P.
Interim President, Vice President of Nursing/Chief Nursing Officer
“'Heroes Work Here’ is the right sentiment for how Suburban Hospital nurses met the challenge of the first wave of the COVID-19 pandemic. Daily, you put our community and patients first. You learned new skills, adapted to daily changes and supported each other. Amazing is what you are!”
Cindy Notobartolo M.S., B.S.N., C.H.E.P., H.E.M.
Administrative Director ED/Trauma, Safety, Security and Employee Health Services
Read these articles to learn more about how the Suburban Hospital community came together over the past year in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic:
- COVID-19 Takes Redeployed Nurses out of Their Comfort Zone
- Team Effort Keeps Nurses Safe during COVID-19 Pandemic
- Suburban Nurses Give Back to the Community
- Suburban Staff Recognized as Health Care Heroes
- Resiliency Center Provides Nurses with a Space to Refresh, De-stress and Recharge
This report is made possible thanks to the Sondra D. Bender Fund for Nursing Excellence.