I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Pain Research Core
Improving Our Understanding of Pain
The Pain Research Core (PRC) is a multidisciplinary team dedicated to preclinical pain research, offering researchers state-of the-art resources for assays in the following areas:
- Studying pain mechanisms
- Identifying new drug targets
- Developing novel analgesics
- Crafting innovative strategies for pain treatment
Co-founded and financed by the Blaustein Pain Research Fund and the Neurosurgery Pain Research Institute, PRC comprises two parts: the Cell Imaging and Electrophysiology Core and the Pain-related Quantitative Behavioral Core.
Together these groups provide critical elements of modern pain research and helping investigators from all specialties across the Johns Hopkins University.
The mission of PRC is to:
- Facilitate and expand multidisciplinary preclinical pain research
- Create an infrastructure to improve interactions among laboratories
- Attract extramural funding
- Bring together fellows and faculty to recruit and retain top research talent
- Promote efficient use of equipment, resources and space
- Maintain a consistent and high standard of technical expertise
Collaborate with PRC
Access to the Pain Research Core will be offered to investigators from participating departments and others at the discretion of the administrative board.
Download a Pain Research Core Service Request
Request an Appointment
Adult Neurology: 410-955-9441
Pediatric Neurology: 410-955-4259
Adult Neurosurgery: 410-955-6406
Pediatric Neurosurgery: 410-955-7337
Already a Patient?
Traveling for Care?
Whether you're crossing the country or the globe, we make it easy to access world-class care at Johns Hopkins.