2020-2021 Professional Development Workshops
The Office of CRTEC is pleased to announce its 2020-2021 CRTEC Professional Development workshops organized in partnership with the JHM Professional Development and Career Office. View the flyer.
Visit the JHM Professional Development and Career Office for professional development and career services to graduate students and postdoctoral fellows in the School of Medicine, School of Nursing, and Bloomberg School of Public Health.
Trainee Research Day at The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center
Each year, graduate students and post-doctoral fellows are invited to submit their work during an interactive day that highlights the work of trainees. Fellows from across the Cancer Center are represented in this forum. Awards are given to the individuals whose posters are judged to be the most outstanding example of high impact work and excellence in presentation. The SKCCC Teaching and Mentoring Award is also presented to a SKCCC faculty member.
2021 First Place Winners
Joshua Smith – Dept. of Environmental Health and Engineering, Cancer Prevention and Control Program
Preceptor: John Groopman
Title: Pan-Albumin Adductomics: Untargeted Detection of Electrophilic Adducts at Multiple Residues of Serum Albumin for Discovery and Characterization of Exposure to Environmental Carcinogens
Andrew Marple – Dept. of Oncology, Division of Hematologic Malignancies/Division of Medical Oncology
Preceptor: Challice Bonifant
Title: Enhancing the Efficacy of Chimeric Antigen Receptor T-Cells Through Incorporation of Cell-Intrinsic Interleukin-7 Receptor Signaling
Laura Sena – Dept. of Oncology, Division of Medical Oncology Preceptor: Samuel Denmeade
Title: Defining Metabolic Vulnerabilities Induced by High Dose Androgen to Develop Synthetically Lethal Combination Therapy for Prostate Cancer
Resources for Graduate Students
- Graduate Student Association at JHM: https://gsa.jhmi.edu/
- Academic Resources for Graduate Students: https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/som/education-programs/graduate-programs/academics/academic-resources/
Resources for Postdocs
- Become a member of the Comprehensive Cancer Center Postdoctoral Organization (C3PO)!
- JH Postdoctoral Association (JHPDA) website and events: https://jhpda.jhmi.edu/
- Office of Postdoctoral Affairs: https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/som/offices/pda/index.html
- Training Resources for new Postdocs: https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/som/offices/pda/training-resources/index.html
- Database of Postdoctoral Grants and Fellowships: https://research.jhu.edu/rdt/funding-opportunities/postdoctoral/
- Open Postdoctoral Fellowship Positions at SOM-JHU: https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/som/offices/pda/open_positions.html
Wellness and Work-Life Balance
Office of Wellbeing: https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/joy-at-jhm/office-of-well-being/
Grant Writing Resources
The Office of CRTEC supports grant writing and editing for trainees and faculty at all stages.