Skip Navigation
Menu Search

In This Section      

Pelvic Exams

A routine gynecological exam with a pap smear should be performed yearly for cervical cancer screening. Any abnormal vaginal spotting or bleeding should be reported to your primary care provider or gynecologist to evaluate for the possibility of uterine (endometrial) cancer, especially in women over the age of 50 and on tamoxifen. Although unusual vaginal bleeding can occur with menopause, any kind of vaginal bleeding after menopause should be checked out by your gynecologist or primary care provider.