The Center for Adolescent/Young Adult Health at Johns Hopkins Harriet Lane
The Center for Adolescent/Young Adult Health at Johns Hopkins Harriet Lane Clinic is your home for primary care. We have been caring for teens and young adults (ages 10 to 26) in Baltimore for more than 40 years.
We offer many special services and programs for teens and young adults not typically found in other pediatric practices.
Learn More About the Center for Adolescent/Young Adult Health
What We Treat
Primary Care for 10- 26-Year-Olds
- Well visits (checkups)
- School, sports, camp physical exams
- Men’s health exams
- Women’s health exams (pelvic exam and Pap smear)
- Acute (sick) care; same-day visits
- Confidential health care
- Address school needs for 504 and individualized education plans (IEP)
Family Planning and Sexual Reproductive Health Care and Education
- All types of birth control care; onsite dispensing
- Free condoms and lubrication (many brands, sizes, styles, latex-free) with education
- Rapid HIV testing (oral swab with results in about 20 minutes)
- Sexually transmitted infection and HIV counseling, outreach and testing
- Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) for HIV
- Pregnancy prevention/planning care and testing and options counseling
- Care for concerns about fertility and sexual function
- Gender care
- Care for substance use disorders
- Help with behavior problems and chronic health issues
- Immunization shots
- 24-hour/365-day phone service
Subspecialty Care, Including but Not Limited to:
- Gynecology care for menstrual issues, first gynecological exams
- Gender care
- Substance use care
- Care for patients with HIV
- Mental and behavioral health support and referrals
- Care for LGBTQ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning) youth
- Child Life and Family Resource Desk
- On-site lab services
- 24-hour after-hours phone service
Programs and Centers
- Specialized programs in weight management and nutrition for adolescents are available.
- The Pediatric and Adolescent HIV/AIDS Program is for children and adolescents living with or affected by HIV.
- The Emerge Gender and Sexuality Clinic for Children, Adolescents and Young Adults provides integrated, interdisciplinary adolescent, social work and psychology services for transgender and gender nonbinary youth ages 6 to 25 years.
- Y2Connect is an online guide and app that connects young people in Baltimore with resources for birth control, health insurance, HIV and STI testing, job readiness, mental health, LGBTQ issues and more.