Child Life Donations
Snowflake Station 2022
Please consider helping patients and families celebrate the holidays this year. See the Snowflake Station wish list or use our online gift registry!
We will accept holiday donations the following days:
- Thursday, Dec. 8 from 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Friday, Dec. 9 from 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Monday, Dec. 12 from 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Dec. 13 from 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
All donation drop offs must be pre-scheduled. To schedule a delivery, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred), or call 410-955-6276.
Addie Loves Snowflake Station
All sorts of donations can improve a child’s hospital stay by promoting health and even bringing some fun:
A cash or gift card donation will allow staff to purchase items most needed for our patients. Checks should be made payable to Johns Hopkins Child Life and mailed to the address below. Gift cards can be sent to the same address.Department of Child Life
Johns Hopkins Children’s Center
The Charlotte R. Bloomberg Children’s Center Building, Room 7217
1800 Orleans Street
Baltimore, MD. 21287
- Your donation helps bring healing to our patients and hope to their families. That’s why we’ve carefully curated our wish lists to maximize your generosity’s impact:
- Snowflake Station Wishlist: Holiday wish list for helping patients and families celebrate this year.
- Many donors find it easier to purchase these items through our Snowflake Station gift registry.
Please Note: In accordance with infection control regulations, we accept only new toys and gifts. Please understand, donors are not able to deliver gifts directly to patients. For more information, contact the Department of Child Life at 410-955-6276 or email ChildLife@jhmi.edu.
- When making any donation, you can specify a Child Life specialist for use on a specific unit of the Johns Hopkins Children’s Center. Contact the Department of Child Life 410-955-6276 or email ChildLife@jhmi.edu.
- Funds (and endowments) can be created and fundraisers held to benefit the Department of Child Life. For more information, contact the Johns Hopkins Children’s Center Office of Development.
Blank Cloth Dolls and Blankets
Thank you very much for dedicating your time and talent for the patients at Johns Hopkins Children's Center. On behalf of our patients, THANK YOU! When you are ready to make your donation, please use our mailing address, or, call the office to schedule a time for drop off. Again, on behalf of our patients, thank you. Child Life Department
1800 Orleans Street
Baltimore, MD 21287
Blank Cloth Dolls
It is very important to follow the pattern so that the doll reflects the shape and proportion of a person as much as possible. While our supplies do change, we regularly need dolls made of fabric that best matches African American and Hispanic skin tones. Please use only solid colored cotton fabric that matches skin tones. We cannot use dolls made from fabric with designs. We are also typically in need of gowns with fabrics that are appealing to boys of all ages, even teens!
Download the pattern for the blank cloth dolls and the pattern for gowns.
Patients greatly appreciate this lovely gift while they are at our hospital, clinics, or emergency room. Brightly colored fabrics, patterns, sports themes, etc. are the most popular for the children and teens. School age and teens make up about half of our patient's at any given time. We always need blankets for them! 4' X 5' is the suggested size blanket for this age group.
Explore the Children's Center
Find A Pediatric Specialist
Search our experts by specialty, disease, or condition
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures