I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Conditions and Procedures
Interventional Neuroradiology (INR) encompasses the diagnosis and treatment of many neurovascular and spine conditions. We provide both adult and pediatric care.
Our services include:
Diagnostic and therapeutic cerebral, head and neck angiography
- Watch a video on diagnostic cerebral angiography
- Download our booklet on adult cerebral angiography
- Download our booklet on pediatric cerebral angiography
Diagnostic and therapeutic spinal angiography
Neurovascular evaluation and interventions
- Embolization of intracranial and head & neck aneurysms
- Embolization of vascular malformations involving the brain, the head & neck region, and the spine & spinal cord:
Arteriovenous malformations (AVM), arteriovenous fistulas (AVF), dural arteriovenous fistulas (DAVF), vein of Galen arteriovenous malformations (VGAM), and lymphatic malformations
- Intracranial venous disorders, including dural sinus stenosis and pseudo-tumor cerebri
- Embolization of tumors
- Intra-arterial chemotherapy for the treatment of tumors such as intraocular retinoblastoma and progressive diffuse intrinsic pontine gliomas
- Intracranial and extracranial angioplasty, stenting and stent-assisted coiling
- Stroke and stroke syndromes (i.e. arterial dissections, Moyamoya syndrome) This includes treatment of acute ischemic stroke with clot retrieval devices
- Other vascular anomalies or syndromes (i.e. Sturge-Weber syndrome, arterial dolichoectasia, sinus pericranii)
Spine interventions including:
- Vertebroplasty and vertebral augmentation with an implant
- Treatment of Tarlov’s cysts
- Pain interventions
- Spine biopsy
- Radiofrequency tumor ablation