Our Johns Hopkins Interventional Radiology Center (IRC) team of interventionalists have dedicated their professional lives to treating stroke patients. Our interventional radiologists use advanced therapies to restore blood flow to the part of the brain that is blocked due to a blood clot.
Stroke Procedures: Why Choose Johns Hopkins?
- We offer highly specialized interventional services using state-of-the-art equipment in a compassionate, caring environment.
- Our minimally invasive image-guided treatments allow patients care with less risk, pain and recovery time.
- At Johns Hopkins, we commit to continuously advancing radiological services for stroke patients.
A nurse, physician assistant or medical affairs coordinator will work closely with your referring physician to coordinate your care and will provide instructions before your appointment.
- Catheter-directed thrombolytic therapy
- Carotid artery angioplasty and stenting
- Endovascular coil treatment