Our Johns Hopkins Interventional Radiology Center (IRC) team of interventionalists have dedicated their professional lives to providing advanced liver disease therapies. Interventional radiology therapies can assist in allowing the liver to function better or assist in cancer treatments.
Liver Disease: Why Choose Johns Hopkins?
- We offer highly specialized interventional services using state-of-the-art equipment in a compassionate, caring environment.
- Our minimally invasive image-guided treatments allow patients care with less risk, pain and recovery time.
- At Johns Hopkins, we commit to continuously advancing radiological services for liver disease.
A nurse, physician assistant or medical affairs coordinator will work closely with your referring physician to coordinate your care and will provide instructions before your appointment.
- Cirrhosis and portal hypertension
- Liver biopsy
- Percutaneous ultrasound or CT guided biopsy
- Chronic liver disease
- Treatment for:
- TIPPS – for bleeding
- Hippatory Biliary disease (Treatment for Biliary Intervention)
- PTCPDD- Biliary drainage (native and transplant liver)
- Drainage placement to the gallbladder- Cholecystectomy
- Chemoembolization of liver tumors
- Radioembolization (Yttrium-90)
- Radio Frequency Ablation (RFA) of liver tumors