You made it through nursing school. You passed your NCLEX. Now what?
Start your registered nursing career at Howard County General Hospital!
Located in beautiful Columbia, Maryland, HCGH combines the convenience of a full range of hospital and wellness services with award-winning clinical excellence and membership in the world-renowned Johns Hopkins Health System.
Our Nurse Residency Program
The 12-month program is composed of two parts:
- Clinical orientation: Our unit orientation pathways ease the transition from recent student to practicing nurse. New nurses develop clinical skills during a tiered transition to independent practice.
- Professional development coaching: During the first year, nurse residents attend monthly seminars designed to grow them into clinical leaders. Seminar topics are planned to complement clinical learning and practice needs.
Why Our Team Loves HCGH
To support your career growth, nurse residents will:
- Complete a progressive orientation individualized to your learning needs;
- Attend monthly professional development seminars with other residents in your cohort;
- Receive guidance from dedicated preceptors, nurse educators, and unit leaders;
- Have access to a dedicated NRP mentor who will regularly check-in to discuss your needs;
- Participate in structured clinical reflection with other residents and staff facilitators;
- Work through an EBP case study and make recommendations for practice; and,
- Be recognized at a program graduation attended by leaders throughout the hospital.
All nurse residents also have access to our competitive benefits package.
How to Join Our Team
If you have any questions about the program, please contact:
Nurse Residency Program Manager