Regular Hours with Benefits
As a float pool staff member, you will go through a classroom and clinical orientation to prepare you to work in many areas of the hospital. All float nurses and patient care technicians are oriented to like areas. Medical Surgical, Observation, telemetry and intensive care level nurses may work in the Intensive Care Unit, Special Care Unit, Post-acute Surgical Unit, Observation and other medical / surgical areas. There is a women’s and children’s float position that covers our Maternal Child Unit, Pediatrics, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and Labor and Delivery. Many float nurses work throughout all areas.
- Full- or part-time; 12-hour shifts.
- There is a higher pay rate for float nurses.
- Quarterly bonuses are available to patient care technicians, nursing assistants and patient care assistants.
- Weekend positions have higher pay rate if every Friday, Saturday and Sunday are worked.
Premium PRN Night Float
- Must work at least two night shifts per week and one weekend shift per schedule
- Higher pay rate
- Must work a winter and summer holiday