The Summer Hospitalist Academic Research Program (SHARP) is an 8-12-week clinical research program designed for undergraduate students planning a career in medicine. Students will be paired with a hospitalist physician mentor who is actively engaged in both clinical and research work. They will participate in cutting-edge research in hospital medicine, observe their physician mentor during hospital rounds, shadow the interprofessional model of care at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, and reflect on career options in medicine.
- Mentored research project
- Clinical rounding (half a day per week)
- Observe collaborative interprofessional rounding in the hospital
- Shadow nursing handoff and communication
- Opportunity to observe a medical procedure
Program administrator: Gina Kauffman
Director: Shaker Eid, M.D.