I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
The Helen B. Taussig Congenital Heart Center
An experienced, multi-disciplinary team of physicians and healthcare specialists makes up the pediatric cardiac team at the Johns Hopkins Hospital. A team of pediatric cardiologists led by Shelby Kutty, M.D., M .S., Ph.D.,work together in the pre-operative evaluation of pediatric heart patients or adults with congenital heart disease.
Johns Hopkins Pediatric Cardiology | Innovative Care from Birth to Adult
As the birthplace of pediatric medicine and the historic “blue baby” operation, the Johns Hopkins Children’s Center Helen B. Taussig Congenital Heart Center treats all cardiology conditions from fetal through adult.
The Helen B. Taussig Congenital Heart Center, a world leader in advancing pediatric cardiology care, continues to serve the needs of children from the mid-Atlantic region, around the country, and overseas. Since the first open-heart surgery to correct congenital heart defects in infants, we have developed a strong history of pediatric care.
We provide services in the following areas:
- Congenital Heart Disease in Children
- Congenital Heart Disease in Adults
- Cardiac Surgery
- Cardiac Transplantation Evaluation
- Complex Heart Rhythm Problems
- Fetal Cardiology
- General Pediatric Cardiology
- Genetic Cardiology
- Interventional Cardiac Catheterization
Some of the procedures we perform include:
- Closure of atrial septal defect
- Congenital heart surgery
- Cutting-edge cardiac imaging techniques
- Diagnostic and interventional cardiac catheterization
- Echocardiography (2-D and 3-D)
- Fetal cardiology
- Genetic cardiology
- Heart transplantation
- Relief from valve obstructions
- Stent implantation
- Stress echocardiography and nuclear stress testing
- Stress and tilt tests
- Radiofrequency ablation