Low Carbohydrate Recipes
Making a variety of nutritious and delicious low-carb recipes can make it easier to stick to a low-carb diet. Carbohydrates are found in the form of sugars, starches or fiber. Low-carb diets focus on nutrient-dense foods, including protein (e.g., meat, poultry, fish and eggs) and nonstarchy vegetables.
Many people follow low-carb diets to achieve or maintain weight loss. Others do so to control blood sugar and manage diabetes. Low-carb diets work by triggering the body’s ability to lower insulin (a hormone that regulates appetite) and burn stored fat for energy. Low-carb eating plans are designed to limit the amount of refined carbohydrates, including white bread, sweets, pasta and crackers.
Low-carb recipes outline instructions for preparing tasty foods, including main dishes, appetizers, sauces/dips, salads and desserts. These recipes can be used to prepare low-carb foods for midweek meals, parties or packed lunches.
If needed, health care professionals can provide additional guidance on low-carb recipes and nutrition.
Wellness and Prevention
- Citrus Swordfish
- Enlightened Crab Cakes
- Florentine-Swiss Omelet for One
- Fresh Lemon Broccoli Pesto-Style Sauce
- Healthy Recipes - Fresh Mushroom Sauce
- Fresh Tomato Sauce
- Garlic Walnut Sauce
- Fruited Buckwheat Pancakes
- Ginger Grilled Pork
- Grilled Salmon Steaks
- Red Rosemary Vinegar
- Roasted Asparagus
- Simple Salmon with Dill Sauce
- Southeastern Seasoned Catfish
- Vegetable Dip Mix
- Zesty Grilled Chicken with Thyme
- Healthy Recipes - Mandarin Stir-Fry Beef
- Grilled Lemon-Sage Chicken
- Skillet Zucchini with Chopped Tomatoes
- Healthy Recipes - April Fool
- Lime Shrimp Kebabs See More