It’s no secret that most people don’t get enough fiber in their diet. Making nutritious food choices and preparing high-fiber recipes can help boost fiber and improve health. High-fiber recipes include whole grains, whole fruits and vegetables (with the skins on), beans and nuts.
Fiber is important for a variety of reasons. Fiber helps maintain regularity and bowel health, supports heart health and stabilizes blood-sugar levels. Eating high-fiber foods also supports healthy weight management by making the body feel full and satisfied longer than low-fiber foods. As a bonus, adding high-fiber foods will increase the flavor and variety of a person’s diet.
When adding high-fiber recipes to a diet plan, health experts recommend a gradual increase of fiber to allow the body’s digestive tract time to adjust.
- Brussels Sprouts with Mushroom Sauce
- Skillet Zucchini with Chopped Tomatoes
- Vegetarian Chili
- Fruity Nutty Spinach
- Do-It-Yourself Minestrone Soup
- Red Beans and Rice
- Roasted Asparagus and Mushrooms with Rosemary
- Broccoli and Walnut Salad
- Beet-All Pasta Salad
- Black Bean Chili
- Tuna Salad in the Round
- Multigrain Chicken Soup
- Amish Potatoes with Lima Beans
- Pear and Quinoa Salad See More