Age-Related Depression, Mood and Stress
About 15% of older adults have depression but half of them do not get care even though depression in older adults is treatable. Depression can be often overlooked in older adults because it may be viewed as a symptom of a different condition (e.g. fatigue, abdominal pain, headache, confusion, memory loss). Depression may also be mistaken as a part of “normal aging.”
Wellness and Prevention
- Low Sex Drive — Could It Be a Sign of Depression?
- How to Cope with a Later-Life Crisis
- Forgiveness: Your Health Depends on It
- For Your Heart: Stay Calm and Cool
- Finding a New Center
- Do You Have a Healthy Number of Friends?
- Could Your Marriage Benefit From Counseling?
- Are Your Relationships Putting Your Heart at Risk?
- Stress Management: Important at Any Age See More
Johns Hopkins Home Care
We provide high quality, individualized care for patients of all ages where you feel most comfortable – your home or community. Our services and equipment are designed to help you regain and retain a level of independence.