Health Ask The Expert
Flu: Answers from Physician Michael Albert
Each year, between 5 to 20 percent of Americans get the flu, sending many to the hospital with severe complications. Learn how you and your loved ones can stay healthy with information from internal medicine physician Michael Albert.
How can I prevent the flu?
- Get a flu shot. The flu vaccine is the best way to prevent the virus.
- Limit contact with infected people.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Avoiding touching your mouth, eyes and nose.
- To stop the virus from spreading, stay at home if you’re sick, and encourage others to do the same. Don’t return to work or school until you’ve been fever-free, without medication, for at least 24 hours.