The Johns Hopkins ART Laboratories, including an andrology lab and an embryology lab, are state-of-the-art facilities with 20 years of history performing a wide range of fertility services including in-vitro fertilization, embryo, sperm and oocyte cryopreservation and semen analysis. Led by Dr. Scott Purcell, we use the latest advances in Assisted Reproductive Technologies (ART) to optimize pregnancy rates.
Our ART Laboratories At A Glance
- We offer a full suite of embryology and andrology fertility services in one, convenient location.
- Our laboratories are CLIA-certified for high complexity clinical laboratory testing.
- We prioritize safety and quality. Our ART laboratories have a 24/7 monitoring system that ensures all equipment, including the incubators, refrigerators/freezers and liquid nitrogen tanks, are functioning properly. We also manually check temperatures and liquid nitrogen levels daily for added security.
- Our expert team is comprised of embryologists and andrologists with 20 years experience in the field.
Embryology Laboratory Services
We offer a wide-range of fertility services:
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)
- Testicular sperm injection
- Cryopreservation of embryos and oocytes and their storage
- Assisted hatching
- Embryo biopsy for preimplantation genetic testing
- Ovarian tissue cryopreservation and storage
Andrology Laboratory Services
In addition to embryology services, we also offer a full range of andrology services. Specifically we provide:
- Semen analysis
- Sperm preparation for IVF and ICSI
- Sperm wash for intrauterine insemination (IUI)
- Sperm cryopreservation for the IVF patients and cancer patients
- Cryopreservation of testicular biopsied samples/aspirates
- Scott H. Purcell, Ph.D., HCLD
- Kimberly Thrift, B.S.
- Kathleen Broman, B.S.
- Sian Simone, B.S., M.S.
- Desiree Crawford, B.S., M.S.
- Carolina Petrella, B.S.