Johns Hopkins Medicine's Complex Family Planning services are based at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, with additional services also provided at Johns Hopkins Outpatient Center. Complex Family Planning subspecialists are board-certified in obstetrics and gynecology, and have acquired extensive training and knowledge in Complex Family Planning.
As experts in modern contraceptive methods and abortion procedures, our physicians are able to provide consultations for medically complex patients and their providers. We are committed to providing high-quality, comprehensive, personalized care. We believe every person should have access to a wide range of contraception options and an individualized consultation to help them choose the best option for them based on their preferences and any medical conditions. We take pride in providing pregnant people with non-judgmental, compassionate options, counseling and abortion care, and in caring for patients with a range of medical and surgical complexities.
We offer a full range of complex family planning services, including:
- Abortion (medical and surgical)
- Analgesic and anesthesia options for all procedures (i.e. oral or IV sedation)
- Contraception for people with complex medical problems
- Contraceptive implants, including difficult insertions and removals
- Emergency contraception
- Hormonal and non-hormonal contraceptive methods
- Intra-uterine devices (IUDs), including difficult insertions and removals
- Management of early pregnancy loss/miscarriage (medical and surgical)
- Pregnancy options counseling
- Tubal sterilization
Who We Serve
Our physicians offer safe and confidential care to people from Maryland, Washington, D.C., Virginia, Delaware and Pennsylvania. We also welcome patients beyond this region.
As part of an academic medical center, our specialists have ongoing involvement in the latest family planning research and technology.