I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
- The application deadline is Nov. 1.
- Applicants must submit an Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) application and be registered to participate in the match through the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).
- We do not mail application packets or program brochures.
- U.S. medical school graduates: Submit the ERAS application materials to your medical school dean's office.
- Foreign medical school graduates: Submit your application materials to the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates.
- Our 2018 match interview dates are Nov. 10, Nov. 17 and Dec. 1.
- We do not have minimum United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) scores, but we require passing scores.
- We do not require U.S. clinical experience for foreign medical school graduates.
- We do not have a requirement concerning year of graduation.
- We accept only J-1 visas. We do not accept H1B visas.
- Applicants are encouraged to submit materials as early as possible. Only ERAS applications will be considered. Please do not submit applications via fax, mail or email.
- As our committee completes the process of reviewing applications, we offer interview invitations until all dates are full. We do typically wait until after October 1st to send out majority of our invitations so that the MSPE can be reviewed also. If you receive an invitation, please RSVP as soon as possible. Our interview spots are very limited and they are filled quickly. We maintain waiting lists and will do our best to offer an interview if a space becomes available. We will not be adding any additional interview dates.
- We hire nine interns each year.
- The department participates in the NRMP. Applicants are required to be registered with both the NRMP and ERAS to participate in the match. Please also be sure to indicate on your ERAS application that you are registered with NRMP.
- We require, in addition to the Medical Student Performance Evaluation (dean's letter), THREE letters of recommendation, one of which must be from the obstetrics/gynecology chair. You may submit four letters if you wish.
All applications received through ERAS will be reviewed. The decision to invite an applicant for a required interview is based on a review of the following factors in combination:
- Medical school and reputation
- USMLE step 1 and step 2 (if available) scores; passing scores are required.
- Elections to Alpha Omega Alpha Medical School Honor Society, if applicable
- Medical school transcript
- Strength of dean's letter and three letters of recommendation (an obstetrics/gynecology chair's letter is required)
- Research activities
- Demonstrated commitment to the field
The interview process will consist of:
- A detailed program review conducted by the program director
- Interviews with two faculty members and one resident, and a brief meeting with the program director or the chair or the vice chair
- A facility tour
- Luncheon with resident group
- An informal social gathering the night of the interviews (not the night before) at the home of one of our residents
We start our interview days in late morning to allow for morning travel. When scheduled for an interview, we will provide a list of local hotels that give our visitors special rates. Most hotels are located only a few miles from the hospital — a short taxi ride away. The Johns Hopkins Hospital is also a stop on the subway system, only one or two stops from the Inner Harbor area.