2021 Program Application Dates
Nov. 1, 2020
Nov. 20, 2020
Interview Day 1
Dec. 4, 2020
Interview Day 2
Dec. 11, 2020
Interview Day 3
How to Apply
- The application deadline is November 1, 2020.
- Applicants must submit an Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) application and be registered to participate in the match through the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).
- We do not mail application packets or program brochures.
- U.S. medical school graduates: Submit the ERAS application materials to your medical school dean's office.
- Foreign medical school graduates: Submit your application materials to the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates.
- We will begin reviewing applications on October 21.
All applications received through ERAS will be reviewed by our Selection Committee. The decision to invite an applicant for a required interview is based on a holistic review of the following factors in combination:
- Medical school
- USMLE step 1 and step 2 (if available) scores; passing scores are required.
- Honors/Awards, including elections to Alpha Omega Alpha Medical School Honor Society, if applicable
- Medical school transcript
- Strength of dean's letter and three letters of recommendation (an obstetrics/gynecology chair's letter is required)
- Research activities
- Personal qualities, including compassion, integrity, and resilience
- Demonstrated commitment to the field
- We do not have minimum United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) scores, but we require passing scores.
- We do not require U.S. clinical experience for foreign medical school graduates.
- We do not have a requirement concerning year of graduation.
- We accept only J-1 visas. We do not accept H1B visas, except on a very limited basis.
- Applicants are encouraged to submit materials as early as possible. Only ERAS applications will be considered. Please do not submit applications via fax, mail or email.
- In accordance to CREOG/APGO guidelines, we will be extending invitations to interview no sooner than November 10. If you receive an invitation, please RSVP as soon as possible. Our interview spots are very limited and they are filled quickly. Our program will not offer more interview spots than we actually have! Please do not put yourself in any harm trying to respond to an email invitation. However, we will keep your spot available for 24 hours, after which we will extend the offer to another applicant. We maintain waiting lists and will do our best to offer an interview if a space becomes available. We will not be adding any additional interview dates.
- The department participates in the NRMP. Applicants are required to be registered with both the NRMP and ERAS to participate in the match. Please also be sure to indicate on your ERAS application that you are registered with NRMP.
- We require, in addition to the Medical Student Performance Evaluation (dean's letter), THREE letters of recommendation, one of which must be from the obstetrics/gynecology chair. You may submit four letters if you wish.
The Interview Process
- Interview dates:
- Friday November 20, 2020
- Friday December 4, 2020
- Friday December 11, 2020
- All interviews will be performed virtually this cycle due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Virtual interview day will start with a detailed program review conducted by the Program Director, Dr. Betty Chou.
- Each applicant will have two faculty member interviews and one resident interview. Additionally, the applicants will have a small group meeting with the program director and the Chair Dr. Andrew Satin. Don’t worry, the group meeting is not an interview! This is the time we give our applicants to ask the leadership questions about the program and the department.
- A virtual tour (video) will be shown.
- An informal social gathering the night of the interviews (not the night before) will be held virtually with the residents to give the applicants additional time to get to know our residents and ask them questions.