Resident Life, Wellness, and Resources
The Experience of a Lifetime
Called "Charm City" for a reason, Baltimore is a place that has a little something for everybody.
Learn about the programs and resources offered by Johns Hopkins for your well-being.
Contracts and Benefits
See information related to salary, vacation and leave allotments.
Johns Hopkins Medicine Virtual Tour
Baltimore Virtual Tour
OB GYN Resident Life in Pictures
At Johns Hopkins, the well-being of our students, residents, and ACGME fellows is a top priority. Visit the Wellness at Johns Hopkins website for more information on our physical, mental and financial health offerings.
- Our GYN/OB resident wellness chiefs help to organize our wellness initiatives including:
- Resident School sessions
- Social events, including end of block happy hours and post-nights breakfasts
- Peer support groups – 4 Houses
- Annual resident retreat
- Class dinners
- Free gym membership at the on-campus Denton A. Cooley Center
- Coverage for medical/dental appointments
- Two (2) personal days off a year
- The Johns Hopkins School of Medicine also offers resources to support the mental health of our residents, including:
Visit the Office of Graduate Medical Education website for more information on programs and resources.
Salary (AY 2020-2021)
You have the option of five days off for either Christmas or New Year's Holiday.
Sick Leave & Parental Leave
You may take up to 90 days off for sick or parental leaves of absence.