I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Two residents are accepted every six months to participate in the Emergency Medicine Physician Assistant Residency Program.
For Spring Positions
Application deadline: October 1
Interviews: October 15 to November 15
Expected start date for Position 1 is the first week of March.
Expected start date for Position 2 is the first week of April.
For Fall Positions
Application deadline: March 1
Interviews: March 15 to April 15
Expected start date for Position 1 is the first week of September.
Expected start date for Position 2 is the first week of October.
In order to be considered:
- All of your application materials must be received by the Department of Emergency Medicine at Johns Hopkins Bayview (address below) by the application deadline date.
- The Physician Assistant National Certifying Exam (PANCE) must be completed and passed 75 days prior to the expected start date.
We recommend sending your documents via a tracking and confirmation process with signature required. Please make sure you include the complete address as written below.
- Master's degree from an accredited physician assistant program
- Current NCCPA certification (PANCE passed and NCCPA certification at least 75 days prior to the expected program start date)
- Candidate information form
- Maryland state licensure/eligible
Three letters of recommendation.
Letters must be either mailed or scanned/emailed on professional letterhead; or emailed from the reference’s professional email
If employed, one letter must be from current supervising attending physician
If currently in school, one letter must be from faculty member
- GPA of 3.0 or better in PA school
- Curriculum vitae
- Personal interview
- Personal statement
- PA School Transcripts (sent to the address below)
- If currently enrolled, send the most up-to-date transcripts
- Must be sent directly from your PA school – hard copy or email are accepted
- Application fee of $40 (Please make checks payable to Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center.)
- In addition to applying by mail, candidates also must complete the online application. Go to the Career Search Page and search for "Physician Assistant Resident" to access the online application. Please note: If you are unable to locate the online application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and continue to submit the rest of your required application documents.
- Application checklist
Please submit your CV, personal statement, candidate information form, letters of recommendation, application fee and transcripts to:
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Attn: Mary Masterson / Betsy Kennedy
Department of Emergency Medicine
A1 East, Suite A-150
4940 Eastern Avenue
Baltimore, Maryland 21224
The Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center will accept PA residents without regard to race, religion, sex, age, handicap or country of national origin, and will not discriminate on those bases in the granting of access to any of its programs or activities.
If you're coming from out of town to interview for the residency position, learn more about hotel accommodations in close proximity to the campus to find what might work best for you.