Pulmonary and rehabilitation physicians conducting appointments via telemedicine or on campus
The Johns Hopkins Post-Acute COVID-19 Team (JH PACT) Service is a collaboration of the Department of Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine, the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, and the Johns Hopkins Home Care Group. Our goal is to establish an interdisciplinary, standardized approach to address the unique needs of COVID-19 survivors. JH PACT consists of three core service lines that work in tandem to provide comprehensive care:
Home care, including rehabilitation therapy services and nursing visits
On-campus rehabilitation therapy services, including physical, occupational and speech-language therapy
As needed, our physicians may refer patients to other specialists to support recovery, including experts in psychiatry, psychology, neurology, cardiology, infectious disease, dermatology, nephrology, hepatology, and hematology. We also collaborate with our pharmacy colleagues on medication management recommendations, and with radiology for expert review of COVID-19-related imaging.
Resources for COVID-19 Survivors
- Johns Hopkins COVID-19 Rehabilitation Resources: Find out how to make a Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation appointment with us, and explore our online resources.
- Johns Hopkins Outcomes After Critical Illness and Surgery (OACIS) research group: This site contains information and videos for patients, families, clinicians and researchers looking to learn more about recovering from a critical illness such as COVID-19.
- Education on post-intensive care syndrome: This handout from the American Thoracic Society provides an overview of (PICS).
- Pediatric Post-COVID-19 Rehabilitation Clinic: A clinic at Kennedy Krieger Institute for children and adolescents who have recovered from COVID-19 but need additional support to regain lost neurological and physical functioning as a result of the illness.
- Caring for Patients with COVID-19 and Post-Intensive Care Syndrome: This article lists some of the effects of severe COVID-19 and explains how we treat these symptoms at Johns Hopkins.
- Centro SOL: Spanish language resources for COVID-19 survivors. Centro SOL also hosts a weekly virtual support group.
JH PACT in the News
- How Long-haul COVID Is Affecting Families Mentally and Emotionally
- EXPLAINER: What You Should Know About "Long Haul" COVID-19
- As the Pandemic in the US Slows, the Fight Against 'Long Haul' COVID Is On
- COVID Long-haulers: What We Know About the Debilitating Symptoms that Last for Months
- 'Long COVID' Impacting Patients Who Never Tested Positive for the Coronavirus
- Some COVID-19 Long Haulers Have Had Symptoms Since the First Wave. Can They Still Get Better?
- Maryland Man Battling 'Long COVID' for 11 Months
- ‘Dynasty’ Reunites To Fight Against Long COVID
- COVID-19 'Long-Haulers' Spark Area Health Care Movement to Create New Coronavirus Recovery Programs, Clinics
- Most Common COVID-19 Symptoms That Won't Go Away
- The Long Haul
- COVID-19 Spreads As People Pass It Along to Someone They Live With
- Johns Hopkins Medicine Is Trying to Help COVID-19 Patients with Long-Term Symptoms
- Will Some COVID-19 Survivors Require a Lung Transplant to Fully Recover?
- Doctors: Most COVID-19 Patients Recover at Home
- Coronavirus Latest: Johns Hopkins Creates Team to Help COVID-19 Patients Deal with Psychological Effects of Virus
- Epic-Integrated Telehealth at Johns Hopkins Boosts Quality and Safety During Pandemic
- Johns Hopkins Doctor Talks Creative Approach Used to Assist Patients in COVID-19 Recovery
- Patients Treated for COVID-19 Now Coping with ‘Long COVID’
- As COVID-19 Cases Surpass Records, Cautions Against Holiday Gatherings
- Podcast: In It for the Long-Haulers—Investigating ‘Long COVID’