Congenital Abnormalities of the Airway
Congenital abnormalities of the airway include specialists from pulmonology, gastroenterology, ENT, nutrition, speech therapy, occupational therapy, physical therapy and radiology.
Airway anomalies are often discovered at birth or within early infancy and can be caused by vascular disorders, esophageal anomalies or underdevelopment of the cartilage in the airway.
Conditions treated include:
- Airway Stenosis
- Chronic cough
- Congenital pulmonary malformation
- Esophageal atresia
- Failure to thrive
- GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease)
- Swallowing difficulty
- Tracheoesophageal fistula
- Vocal cord paralysis
Signs and symptoms of airway anomalies:
- Chest rattle
- Choking with feeding
- High pitched noises (stridor)
- Noisy breathing
- Pauses in breathing or blue spells
- Persistent cough
- Poor weight gain
- Prolonged respiratory infections
- Rapid breathing pattern or rate
For more information or to make an appointment, give us a call at the phone number below. We serve families in the greater Tampa Bay area and beyond.