With patient health & safety being our top priority, our donation safety guidelines should be reviewed prior to scheduling your donation as they allow us to ensure the highest level of quality and safety for our patients.
In order to maintain a safe environment for our patients and families, all donations must follow these guidelines:
- All donations must be brand new, odor-free, in original packaging and purchased within the last 6 months.
- We cannot accept the following:
- Used (including gently used) toys or clothing
- Toys or stuffed animals that have been exposed to smoke
- Collector items that have been gathered and stored over a significant period of time (sports cards, Beanie Babies, etc.)
- Handmade get-well cards, greeting cards and holiday cards
- Items containing latex (balloons, rubber balls, art supplies, etc.)
- Violent themed items (items containing guns, knives, swords, blood, violence, etc.)
- Racially and/or culturally insensitive items
- Gift wrapped items (items will be unwrapped prior to being given to patients)
- Religious themed items or messages
- New or used medical supplies or equipment
- Food, candy, beverages, etc.
Our most needed items are updated quarterly by the child life staff as the needs of our patient population vary throughout the year.
- Infant Toys
- Action Figures
- Cars and Trucks
For a complete list of suggested donation items, please see our toy donation wish list.
You can also access our Child Life Amazon wish list online here.