Requirements and Application Form
Individuals interested in participating in the Congregational Depression Awareness Program will need to:
- Complete an application explaining their interest and the strengths they would bring to the program (e.g., experience leading or coordinating other congregational ministries or programs)
- Receive written endorsement/pledge of support for the program from their congregational leader. For a sample template, click here (.docx).
- Commit to attending five two-hour training sessions
- Commit to coordinating two congregation-wide educational programs on depression (e.g., sharing informational materials at worship services or other congregational gatherings). These could be tied to national observances such as Mental Health Awareness Month (May) and Depression Awareness Month (October).
- Commit to organizing two one-hour classes for individuals interested in learning more about depression, treatment options, and community resources
- Commit to attending at least two follow-up classes and helping with evaluation of the program