U.S. News & World Report
Suburban Hospital was ranked among the best hospitals nationally in heart failure, COPD and orthopaedics for both knee and hip replacements, according to the U.S. News & World Report's '20-21 Best Hospital Rankings.
- #7 in Maryland
- #4 in Washington, D.C.
- "High Performing" in Orthopedics
The Joint Commission Accreditation
Suburban Hospital is fully accredited by The Joint Commission and has earned the Gold Seal of Approval® in several specialty areas. The Gold Seal reflects a health care organization’s commitment to providing safe and quality patient care and preparing patients and their caregivers for discharge.
Patient Safety and Quality Ratings
Suburban Hospital staff and physicians follow The Joint Commission National Patient Safety Goals as our framework for quality and safety. See how our hospital ranks in patient experience, home care quality, readmissions, infection prevention and other metrics as evaluated by The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services based on patient surveys.
Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grades
Suburban Hospital was awarded an "A" in the spring 2020, fall 2019 and spring 2019 rounds of hospital safety grades by the Leapfrog Group. The Leapfrog group evaluates hospital performance in preventing medical errors, infections and other harms among patients in their care.
ANCC Magnet Recognition for Nursing Excellence
The Magnet Recognition Program form the American Nurses Credentialing Center designates organizations worldwide where nursing leaders successfully align their nursing strategic goals to improve the organization’s patient outcomes.
Excellence in Intensive Care and Emergency Care
- Progressive Care Unit is a winner of the 2019 Silver Beacon Award for Excellence from the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN)
- Intensive Care Unit recognized with the AACN 2018 Bronze Beacon Award for Excellence
- Emergency Department is a recipient of the 2018 Lantern Award from the Emergency Nurses Association
American Heart Association/American Stroke Association Awards
Each year, the American Heart Association recognizes hospitals that demonstrate a high commitment to following guidelines that improve patient outcomes.
Suburban Hospital Designations
- 2020 Get With The Guidelines® Gold Plus with Target: Type 2 Diabetes Honor Roll Achievement Award
- 2020 Mission: Lifeline® Receiving Gold Quality Achievement Award
- 2020 Mission: Lifeline® NSTEMI Gold Quality Achievement Award
CHIME's Healthcare's Most Wired Designation
The College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) conducts an annual survey to award the Most Wired designation to healthcare organizations that exemplify best practices through adoption, implementation and use of information technology to elevate the health and care of communities they serve.
Suburban Hospital is designated as Level 9. Organizations at this level have deployed technologies and strategies (e.g., population health/cost-of-care analytics, HIEs/integration engines, and patient portals) to help them analyze their data and are starting to achieve meaningful clinical and efficiency outcomes.
Other Awards and Certifications
- Recognized by Gallup for “World Class” employee engagement (employee engagement at the 90th percentile of Gallup’s Company Level database).
- Certified Cardiac Catheterization Program by the Maryland Institute for Emergency Medicine Systems Services (MIEMSS).