ANCC Magnet Recognition for Nursing Excellence
The Magnet Recognition Program from the American Nurses Credentialing Center designates organizations worldwide where nursing leaders successfully align their nursing strategic goals to improve the organization’s patient outcomes.
The Joint Commission Accreditation
Suburban Hospital is fully accredited by The Joint Commission and has earned the Gold Seal of Approval® in several specialty areas. The Gold Seal reflects a health care organization’s commitment to providing safe and quality patient care and preparing patients and their caregivers for discharge.
Patient Safety and Quality Ratings
Suburban Hospital staff and physicians follow The Joint Commission National Patient Safety Goals as our framework for quality and safety. See how our hospital ranks in patient experience, home care quality, readmissions, infection prevention and other metrics as evaluated by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services based on patient surveys.
U.S. News & World Report Best Hospital Rankings
All Johns Hopkins Health System hospitals in the mid-Atlantic are among the best in the region for adult care.
Excellence in Intensive Care and Emergency Care
- Progressive Care Unit is a winner of the 2019 Silver Beacon Award for Excellence from the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN)
- Intensive Care Unit recognized with the AACN 2018 Bronze Beacon Award for Excellence
- Emergency Department is a recipient of the 2018-2020 and 2021-2023 Emergency Nurses Association's Lantern Award
American Heart Association/American Stroke Association Awards
Each year, the American Heart Association recognizes hospitals that demonstrate a high commitment to following guidelines that improve patient outcomes.
Suburban Hospital Designations
- 2021 Get With The Guidelines® Gold Plus with Target: Type 2 Diabetes Honor Roll Achievement Award
- 2021 Mission: Lifeline® Receiving Gold Quality Achievement Award
- 2021 Mission: Lifeline® NSTEMI Gold Quality Achievement Award
Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grades
The Leapfrog group evaluates hospital performance in preventing medical errors, infections and other harm among patients in their care.
CHIME's Healthcare's Most Wired Designation
The College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) conducts an annual survey to award the Most Wired designation to healthcare organizations that exemplify best practices through adoption, implementation and use of information technology to elevate the health and care of communities they serve. Suburban Hospital is designated as Level 9. Organizations at this level have deployed technologies and strategies (e.g., population health/cost-of-care analytics, HIEs/integration engines, and patient portals) to help them analyze their data and are starting to achieve meaningful clinical and efficiency outcomes.
Forum for Shared Governance Accreditation
Suburban Hospital is one of 30 hospitals nationally to receive accreditation from the Forum for Shared Governance for nursing excellence in 2021. This accreditation is awarded to hospitals that exemplify shared governance, an innovative management system that allows nurses to make bedside clinical decisions and act as empowered patient advocates. Shared governance has been associated with better professional, organizational and patient outcomes.
LEED® Silver Certification
The U.S. Green Building Council awarded Suburban Hospital LEED® Silver certification for its 300,000 square foot campus expansion, which includes the hospital’s North Building and parking garage. LEED, or Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design, is a globally recognized symbol of excellence in green building. LEED certification ensures electricity cost savings, lower carbon emissions and healthier environments where people live, work, learn, play and worship.
Other Designations and Certifications
- 2020 and 2021 recipient of the Platinum Award – the highest level of award – from the Health Resources and Services Administration’s Workplace Partnership for Life Program for fostering organ donation education and creating opportunities for individuals to sign up to save lives.
- Level II trauma center and designated trauma center for Montgomery County, and one of only nine trauma centers in Maryland.
- Certified Cardiac Catheterization Program by the Maryland Institute for Emergency Medicine Systems Services (MIEMSS).