The Joint Replacement Center at Suburban Hospital in Bethesda, MD, offers state-of-the-art facilities and a caring team of surgeons with years of expertise in hip and knee replacement. We understand that having your hip or knee replaced is a big decision. Our experts are with you every step of the way, from helping you weigh your options to getting you back to the lifestyle you enjoy.
Why Choose Suburban Hospital for Your Hip or Knee Replacement
- Our joint replacement program is one of the busiest in the state, caring for more than 1,400 patients each year. This means our surgeons are skilled in all types of joint replacements, including partial replacements, total replacement and complex revision surgeries of the hip and knee.
- Patient education is a big priority for us. All joint replacement patients complete a pre-surgery class. This class reviews:
- Pre-operative and post-operative nursing care
- Rehab therapy (PT/OT) while hospitalized
- DlC planning
- Our experienced nursing team and skilled rehabilitation specialists will help you set recovery goals and resume the activities you had to put on hold because of hip or knee pain.
- The Suburban Hospital's Joint Replacement Program has earned the Joint Commission's Gold Seal Approval Certification. This certification in hip and knee replacement reflects a health care organization's commitment to providing safe and quality patient care.
- Suburban Hospital has suspended its in-person classes because of the COVID-19 pandemic. For more information about the Joint Replacement Center or pre-operative education, call 301-896-3238.
Hip and Knee Replacement Surgery: Q&A With Daniel Valaik, M.D.
The Suburban Hospital Joint Replacement Care Program
Our Team of Hip and Knee Replacement Surgeons
Our hip and knee specialists see patients in several locations in Bethesda and Southern Maryland. All surgeries are performed at our state-of-the-art joint replacement unit in the Suburban Hospital.