The ventilator unit is designed to decrease or eliminate the need for mechanical ventilation for medically stable but complex patients requiring prolonged mechanical ventilator support and frequent physician intervention.
- Must be 18 years and older
- Require mechanical ventilator support
- Have a tracheostomy
- Pulmonary consultation to include assessment for active weaning
Our program provides:
- Weekly multidisciplinary rounds
- Ongoing evaluation of ventilator weaning process
- Specialty treatments can include:
- Rehabilitation: respiratory, physical, occupational and speech-language therapy
- Wound care
- Individualized medical management
- Cardiopulmonary management
- Complex bowel and bladder management
- Enteral or parenteral feeding for nutritional assistance
We treat a wide range of conditions, such as:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Myasthenia gravis
- Guillain-Barre syndrome
- Other respiratory conditions
- Neurologic conditions
- Medically complex conditions
*See Complex Medical Care for respiratory care services without need for mechanical ventilation.
Whether you're crossing the country or the globe, we make it easy to access world-class care at Johns Hopkins.