Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
A Comprehensive Therapy Program for People with Osteoporosis
Johns Hopkins Medical Center Rehabilitation Services offers a comprehensive program designed to focus on your needs. Your visit will start with a thorough evaluation of the following:
- Range of Motion
- Risk for falls
- Ability to perform daily activities
Our therapists will design an individualized treatment program to meet your specific needs. Depending on your plan of care, your program may include some or all of the following:
- Pain management, which may include treatment with moist heat, ultrasound and electrical stimulation
- Education in proper posture and body mechanics
- Supervised stretching and weight bearing exercises
- Home exercise program
- Fall prevention, including exercises for balance retraining and coordination
- Adaptive equipment
Request an Appointment
Already a Patient?
Traveling for Care?
Whether you're crossing the country or the globe, we make it easy to access world-class care at Johns Hopkins.