Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
How to Apply
We take the application process very seriously and take all aspects of our comprehensive application into consideration. It should be noted that all components of our application packet must be included in order for us to complete your application and process it for review. The application deadline for the 2017-2018 Administrative Residency is October 3, 2016. Eligible applicants must be enrolled in an accredited master's program in health administration, business administration or public health. We do not sponsor visas for this program.
Required Application Materials
- Online NAFCAS application
- Official Resume with undergraduate and graduate GPA listed
- Three Letters of Recommendation:
- Professional (Able to speak to your professional presence, skills, abilities, i.e. supervisor, preceptor, direct manager, etc.)
- Academic (Able to speak to your academic presence and performance, i.e. academic program director, professor, faculty advisor, etc.)
- Personal (Able to speak to your character and provide insight into your personal values, i.e. colleague, family member, friend, etc.)
- Graduate School Transcripts (Only official transcripts will be accepted. Please send directly to NAFCAS.) Please note - It is important that you submit your official transcripts early for processing.
- Personal Statement – Please prepare a personal statement that addresses the following questions: (200 words or less)
- Describe your education/career path to date. What influenced your decision to pursue health administration?
- Discuss an issue in health care that you believe is important. Please state why you feel it is significant.
- What uniquely qualifies you for this residency? What is it that differentiates you from your peers?
Please note: Application packets received after October 3, 2016 will not be considered.
Applicants will receive an email notification once their application has been received and ready for review.
Interviews are scheduled October 26 from 11 a.m. - 5 p.m. and October 28 from 1-5 p.m. with each interview lasting approximately 30 minutes.
All efforts will be made to select and notify applicants by November 14, 2016. Finalists who have been selected for a resident position will be given 48 hours to confirm their acceptance to the program.
Selection of Administrative Residents
The Johns Hopkins Bayview Administrative Residency program is participating in the National Council on Administrative Fellowships (NCAF) and has agreed to follow their guidelines. As a member of NCAF, we have agreed to comply with the uniform initial offer date on November 14, 2016. No offers will be extended before this date.
If you have any additional questions, please contact Kimberly Monson, Administrative Residency Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a member of the National Council on Administrative Fellowships (NCAF), Johns Hopkins Medicine will be participating this year in the National Administrative Fellowship Common Application System (NAFCAS). The application will open on July 19 and will streamline the application process and reduce duplicative efforts by providing a standardized online interface for our applicants.
Request an Appointment
Already a Patient?
Traveling for Care?
Whether you're crossing the country or the globe, we make it easy to access world-class care at Johns Hopkins.