Admission requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree in nutrition- or science-related field (i.e. nutrition, health, biology, chemistry)
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores
- Personal statement
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended
- Three letters of recommendation
- Personal interview
Pre-requisite courses are required (must be completed at the undergraduate level or higher) and must be completed prior to enrollment in the MSPH/RD program. Courses and transcripts to meet these requirements will be reviewed and approved by the university and program staff. These include:
- Anatomy and physiology (two semesters)
- Organic chemistry
- Psychology and/or counseling skills
- Introduction to nutrition
Students must meet the nutrition- or science-related degree requirement AND the pre-requisite course requirements.
How to Apply
Applications to the Johns Hopkins MSPH/RD Program must be completed via the Bloomberg School of Public Health Web site (www.jhsph.edu/admissions). The MSPH/RD program is part of the department of international health. Please indicate your interest in the RD program on the application.
Applications must be completed by January 2 of each year.
The Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center and The Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health will accept students without regard to race, religion, sex, age, handicap or country of national origin, and will not discriminate on those bases in the granting of access to any of its programs or activities.