For Our Researchers
The inclusion of Suburban Hospital into the Johns Hopkins family provides substantial opportunity for clinical research in a variety of disciplines. The Johns Hopkins Capital Region Research (CAPRES) office develops, manages and supports clinical research in the national capital corridor.
A key CAPRES mission is to support and facilitate busy clinicians in pursuing cutting-edge research at our CAPRES sites.
For general inquiries, please contact us at 301-896-3122 or JLobien@suburbanhospital.org.
Required Training Modules
Suburban Hospital principal investigators and study team members listed on a JHM eIRB application must complete the following training modules prior to application submission:
- NIH, CITI or JHU SOM Human Subjects Research (HSR)
- JHU SOM Conflict of Interest and Commitment (COI)
- Johns Hopkins HIPAA and Research
Note: As of August 1, 2010, the JHM IRB moved to CITI (Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative) for Basics Human Subjects Research (BHSR) and Conflict of Interest (COI) training. The BHSR and COI are now a combined course. Registration for these courses, along with the HIPAA & Research and other JHM IRB courses, is available through the Hopkins myLearning website at: http://training.jhu.edu/compliancetraining (For JHED Users).
Steps for Accessing the Training Modules
- View instructions on how to access the training modules.
- Choose your affiliation as Suburban Hospital.
- Answer the 5 questions in order to determine your required courses. Required courses will appear in the left corner of the screen.
- Select a course to enroll in. Please use your assigned JHED ID and password to access the Hopkins myLearning website.
- Save and print copies of your compliance training certificates. Electronic copies of the certificates can be sent to Janelle Maddox-Regis at email@example.com. Certificates must be sent to verify completion for each investigator. Once the compliance dates are entered into your eIRB profile, copies of the certificates do not need to be sent to the IRB with subsequent application submissions.
If you are a researcher interested in submitting a study at Suburban Hospital and want to obtain the training requirements for submission, please contact Jackie Lobien at 301-896-3122 or JLobien@suburbanhospital.org.
Research Nurse Coordinators Peggy Oraola (l) and Ann Greenberg (r) in the CAPRES research office
CAPRES Research Office
Located on the fourth floor across from physical medicine, the CAPRES research office is available to investigators as a private consultation room for consenting and examining patients.
This new research office includes:
- Exam table and reclining chair for inpatient or outpatient studies
- Refrigerator with a temperature range of 1 degree to 8 degrees Celsius for storing blood samples*
- Office space and a computer for research staff
*A freezer outside of the research office set at -40-degree Celsius is also available for use.
For more information about the research office, and to check availability please contact Jackie Lobien at 301-896-3122 or JLobien@suburbanhospital.org.