I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Annual Conference on Addictions: 12th Annual Road to Recovery
Getting a Grip on Legal Substances of Abuse
Road to Recovery is an annual conference that takes place during National Recovery Month and highlights hot topics within the field of addiction psychiatry.
The theme of this year's conference will focus on legal substances of abuse. We aim to tackle the research around the use, treatment, and journey to recovery of easily accessible and commonly abused drugs. We plan to feature sessions that concentrate on substances such as caffeine, alcohol, and nicotine.
Monday, September 20, 2021
9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
This event will be hosted virtually via Zoom
- Anita Everett, M.D.: "Yes We CAN!! Transcending Substance Use and Mental Illness by Living Well"
- Albert Garcia-Romeu, Ph.D.: "Psychedelics as Tools for Addiction Treatment: Psilocybin-assisted Smoking Cessation & Beyond"
- Lorenzo Leggio, M.D., Ph.D.: "New Horizons in Pharmacological Treatment of Alcohol Use Disorder"
- Natalie Gukasyan, M.D.: "Promoting Smoking Cessation in Patients with Co-occuring Mental Health Conditions"
- Eric Donny, Ph.D.: "Shaping Future of Nicotine and Tobacco Use: a Regulatory Balancing Act"
- Laura Juliano, Ph.D.: "Clinical Implications of Caffeine & Energy Drink Use Among Adolescents & Young Adults"
CEU's will be awarded to social workers, counselors and therapist who attend.
If you have any questions about CEU's, please feel free to contact Jessica Lombardi and email@example.com.
This professional development activity has been submitted to the Institute for Johns Hopkins Nursing as a joint provider for nursing contact hours.