The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs supports research fellows in all aspects of their training and development toward independent careers. We collaborate with School of Medicine and University-wide organizations, departments, faculty, and staff to enhance the research, training, wellness, and professional development of postdoctoral scholars and to support their transition to successful careers in academia, industry, government, and other employment sectors.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the office staff are working remotely, but we are still here for you! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
News & Events
- Asymptomatic COVID-19 Testing available for JH School of Medicine Postdocs. FAQ and Scheduling Information
- Young Investigator Day - Call for Abstracts. Deadline January 29, 2021
- Share Your Research (SYR) - A science communication competition & training program from iBiology, Albert & Mary Lasker and Rita Allen Foundations. Application deadline February 15th.
- Toffler Scholar Program - Funding for Research in Neurodegenerative or Autoimmune Diseases. Internal Applications due February 16th. See Announcement for details.
- Science Talk '21 - Science communication conference dates March 24-26, 2021. For applications and more information see Announcement.
- Call for instructors to teach in the fall 2021 Hopkins Engineering HEART program - SOM postdocs eligible to apply. For more information see Announcement.
- Updates to JHU Child Care Voucher and Scholarship Programs - Issued January 27th
Support for Postdoctoral Fellows
Need Career Counseling? Sign-up for an Online Session!
Due to the university response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are switching our career counseling formats to Zoom, phone, and/or email.
We can advise on matters related to your postdoctoral appointment and collaborate with the Professional Development and Career Office (PDCO) to provide career counseling. Contact us to receive assistance with job application materials (perfecting resumes, CVs, cover letters, etc.), job search strategies, and much more.
To set up an appointment for virtual career counseling, email us at email@example.com.
Dr. Grace Muller
Congratulations to Dr. Grace Muller for receiving an American Heart Association Career Development Award. Dr. Muller has been a postdoc in Dr. David Kass's laboratory in the Department of Medicine since 2015, where she investigates the role of the phosphodiesterase type1 (PDE1) protein in cardiac function. In addition to efforts in the lab, Grace led the Johns Hopkins Postdoctoral Association (JHPDA) as a co-president and served as a peer representative for SOM postdoctoral fellows in her department. Dr. Muller will continue her work in the Department of Medicine as an Instructor.
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
1830 E. Monument Street, 6th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21205-2196