I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs seeks to support research fellows in all aspects of their training and development toward independent careers. We collaborate with School of Medicine and University-wide organizations, departments, faculty and staff to enhance the research, training, wellness, and professional development of postdoctoral scholars and to support their transition to successful careers in academia, industry, government, and other employment sectors.
- Review and approve all postdoctoral appointments and re-appointments in the School of Medicine
- Develop and implement postdoctoral policies and metrics for tracking career outcomes
- Collaborate with School of Medicine and campus partners for professional development, academic, career and skill-building programs and workshops
- Support and advocate for the work of the Johns Hopkins Postdoctoral Association (JHPDA) and the Diversity Postdoc Alliance Committee
- Provide consultation and assistance with conflict resolution for postdoctoral scholars and their mentors
Information about Individual Development Plans
Postdoctoral research fellows who started their fellowships on or after July 1, 2018 will be required to complete an Individual Development Plan (IDP) in cooperation with their mentor. Recommendations, guidelines, and the required form can be found at this link.
- Provost's Postdoctoral Fellowship Program (applications due 1/25/19)
- Regeneron Prize for Creative Innovation
- See a full list of postdoctoral funding opportunities!
Announcements & Upcoming Events
- University Announces New Postdoctoral Fellow Policy
- Workshop - Create Your Individual Development Plan (multiple Dates Available)
- Biomedical Odyssey Blog Seeks Writers! (applications due 1/21/19)
- 12/06/18 - Partnering Toward Discovery Lecture, Spinal Muscular Atrophy: A Breakthrough in Translational Neurodegeneration Research
- 12/04/18 - Excellence in Diversity Symposium
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
1830 E. Monument Street, 6th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21205-2196
Dana Boatman, PhD, Associate Dean for Postdoctoral Affairs
Megan Sampley Bohn, PhD, Assistant Director for Postdoctoral Affairs
Cassie Klein, MBA, Administrator, Postdoctoral Programs
Kimberly Averella, Senior Credentialing Specialist
Patty Crapanzano, Senior Administrative Coordinator