The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs supports research fellows in all aspects of their training and development toward independent careers. We collaborate with JHU-JHMI organizations, departments, faculty, and staff to enhance the research, training, wellness, and professional development of postdocs and to support their transition to successful careers in academia, industry, government, and other sectors.
Quick links to jump to:
To request a virtual appointment or for other assistance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Congrats to two JHMI postdocs designated as 2022 HHMI Hanna Gray Fellows. See kudos section below for more information and here for announcement.
- Coming this fall, SOM will introduce a new Individual Development Plan (IDP) tracking tool to help postdocs meet new JHU compliance requirements. Stay tuned for more information.
- Flu season is coming! All SOM personnel are required to have flu shots. The new revised deadline is November 18, 2022. For more information see here.
- The next New Postdoc Information Session will be held virtually (zoom) on October 14th from 1:00-2:00 pm. New postdocs will be contacted directly with more information on how to register.
- The 6th annual Excellence in Diversity Symposium will be held October 12, 2022 from 11:00-3:00 pm. For more information about format, speakers and awards see flyer.
Upcoming Funding Opportunities
- Cancer Research Institute (CRI) Irvington Postdoctoral Fellowship to Promote Racial Diversity. Applications due March 1 and September 1, 2022.
Each month we feature recent SOM postdoc accomplishments, such as high impact papers, awards, and grants! Do you know a postdoc (yourself included) who should be featured? Email us to include them in next month's kudos at email@example.com.
Need Career Counseling? The Professional Development and Career Office (PDCO) offers assistance with CV reviews, interviewing strategies, job applications, and more. Appointments are made through handshake on the PDCO website.
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
1830 E. Monument Street, 6th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21205-2196