The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs supports research fellows in all aspects of their training and development toward independent careers. We collaborate with JHU-JHMI organizations, departments, faculty, and staff to enhance the research, training, wellness, and professional development of postdocs and to support their transition to successful careers in academia, industry, government, and other sectors.
Quick links to jump to:
To request a virtual appointment or for other assistance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- JHMI renews masking requirements effective May 2, 2022 - Announcement issued April 29, 2022
- Read the announcements about COVID policies, travel guidance, and vaccinations and the flu vaccine requirement from SOM.
- JHMI broadcast email on where to get COVID booster - notice issued May 3, 2022 and updated guidance on gatherings issued May 17, 2022
- Need additional Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) training options? See list of JH Data Services courses that postdocs can take for RCR training credit.
- JHPDA Executive Board Elections for 2022-2023 run from May 19th - May 31st. Postdocs interested in volunteering should submit their nominations by May 18th. For more information.
- Want to find out about industry research careers in Europe and Israel? Speaker: Christian Tidona, Director Biomed X. May 26 4:00-5:30 pm. For more information and to register.
Upcoming Funding Opportunities
- Cancer Research Institute (CRI) Irvington Postdoctoral Fellowship to Promote Racial Diversity. Applications due March 1 and September 1, 2022.
Each month we feature recent SOM postdoc accomplishments, such as high impact papers, awards, and grants! Do you know a postdoc (yourself included) who should be featured? Email us to include them in next month's kudos at email@example.com.
Dr. Kuldeep Gupta, Radiology and Radiological Sciences
Dr. Gupta is the recipient of a Scholar-in-Training Award from the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR). Dr. Gupta will receive the award at a special awards ceremony to be held at the Annual AACR meeting in April in New Orleans, Louisiana.
Dr. Naomi Dirckx, Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Dirckx has recently been awarded an NIH Pathway to Independence K99/R00 award from the National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS). Her NIAMS-funded research project is entitled: Mechanisms of impact of osteoblast “citration” on skeletal mineralization and global citrate homeostasis.
Support for Postdoctoral Fellows
Need Career Counseling? Sign-up for an Online Session!
We advise on matters related to your postdoctoral appointment and collaborate with the Professional Development and Career Office (PDCO) to provide career counseling. Contact us for assistance with job application materials (resumes, CVs, cover letters, etc.), job search strategies, and more.
To set up an appointment for virtual career counseling, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
1830 E. Monument Street, 6th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21205-2196