The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs supports research fellows in all aspects of their training and development toward independent careers. We collaborate with JHU-JHMI organizations, departments, faculty, and staff to enhance the research, training, wellness, and professional development of postdocs and to support their transition to successful careers in academia, industry, government, and other sectors.
Quick links to jump to:
To request a virtual appointment or for other assistance, please email us at email@example.com.
- Read the announcements about COVID Safety Guidelines and vaccinations from SOM.
- Science Policy & Communication: Science Policy Opportunities at For-Profit Organizations (PDCO). Oct 28, 2021.
- Academic Research: The Path to Tenure (PDCO). Nov 4, 2021.
- Academic (Faculty) Job Interviews (NIH OITE). Nov 8, 2021.
- CVs and Resumes: Essential Job Search Documents (NIH OITE). Nov 15, 2021.
- Need Responsible Conduct of Research Training Credits? Best Practices for Data Management and Sharing (JHU Data Services). Nov 10, 2021.
- Science Policy & Communication: Communicating with Scientists - Careers in Technical Writing & Editing (PDCO). Nov 11, 2021.
- Read the fall issue of the OPDA newsletter here!
Upcoming Funding Opportunities
- New! From the Office of the Vice Provost for Research, find a list of open funding opportunities specific to Neuroscience/Neurology and Cancer/Oncology.
- HHMI Hanna H. Gray Fellows Program. Applications due December 1, 2021.
- Mathematical and Physical Sciences Ascending Postdoctoral Research Fellowships (NSF). Applications due January 6, 2022.
- Johns Hopkins Institute for Clinical and Translational Research TL1 Postdoctoral Biodesign Training Program. Applications due January 7, 2022. Attend the information session on Oct 26!
- American Epilepsy Society Postdoctoral Fellowship. Applications due January 14, 2022.
- NIH (MOSAIC) K99/R00 Award for underrepresented groups in biomedical research.
- New! NIH NRSA recipients can now receive $2500 for childcare costs per budget period beginning in FY22. Find more information here.
Each month we feature recent SOM postdoc accomplishments, such as high impact papers, awards, and grants! Do you know a postdoc (yourself included) who should be featured? Email us to include them in next month's kudos at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Catipovic was awarded the Damon Runyon Cancer Research Foundation Fellowship
Dr. Putnam published the paper "Regulation of Biomedical Condensates by Interfacial Protein Clusters" in Science, September 2021
Dr. Vicencio published the paper "Olivocochlear Changes Associated with Aging Predominantly Affect the Medial Olivocochlear System" in Frontiers in Neuroscience, September 2021
Support for Postdoctoral Fellows
Need Career Counseling? Sign-up for an Online Session!
We advise on matters related to your postdoctoral appointment and collaborate with the Professional Development and Career Office (PDCO) to provide career counseling. Contact us for assistance with job application materials (resumes, CVs, cover letters, etc.), job search strategies, and more.
To set up an appointment for virtual career counseling, email us at email@example.com.
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
1830 E. Monument Street, 6th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21205-2196