I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs seeks to support research fellows in all aspects of their training and development toward independent careers. We collaborate with School of Medicine and University-wide organizations, departments, faculty and staff to enhance the research, training, wellness, and professional development of postdoctoral scholars and to support their transition to successful careers in academia, industry, government, and other employment sectors.
- Review and approve all postdoctoral appointments and re-appointments in the School of Medicine
- Develop and implement postdoctoral policies and metrics for tracking career outcomes
- Collaborate with School of Medicine and campus partners for professional development, academic, career and skill-building programs and workshops
- Support and advocate for the work of the Johns Hopkins Postdoctoral Association (JHPDA) and the Diversity Postdoc Alliance Committee
- Provide consultation and assistance with conflict resolution for postdoctoral scholars and their mentors
New Postdocs, Submit Your IDP Completion Form Now!
Postdocs who started between July 1 and December 31, 2018 are required to submit verification of Individual Development Plan (IDP) completion before June 1, 2019 in order to complete processing of their appointment renewals. Instructions for creating an IDP can be found here. The required IDP Completion Form can be downloaded here. Note: Clinical residents/fellows are not required to submit an IDP completion form. Research postdocs who started on/after January 1, 2019 do not have to submit an IDP completion form until 2020.
Announcements & Events
- Summer Events at Eager Park - View the Full Schedule!
- Indoor & Outdoor Fitness Classes Have Begun - View the Full Schedule!
- American Cancer Society Extramural Research Training Grant Workshop (May 22)
- Johns Hopkins inHealth Precision Medicine Symposium (May 30)
- Call for Nominations: Diversity Leadership Council Membership (Due May 31)
- Johns Hopkins Sleep & Circadian Research Day (June 10th)
- Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Research Center Fellow Research Day (June 18)
- The Hartwell Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowships (Limited Submission Due 5/23/19)
- Sanofi Innovation Awards: Call for Pre-proposals (due June 21)
- Please note that this pre-submission requires a pre-proposal form; if you would like to receive this form, please email Megan Bohn at firstname.lastname@example.org
- See a full list of postdoctoral funding opportunities!
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
1830 E. Monument Street, 6th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21205-2196
Dana Boatman, PhD, Associate Dean for Postdoctoral Affairs
Megan Sampley Bohn, PhD, Assistant Director for Postdoctoral Affairs
Cassie Klein, MBA, Administrator, Postdoctoral Programs
Kimberly Averella, Senior Credentialing Specialist
Patty Crapanzano, Senior Administrative Coordinator