I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs seeks to support research fellows in all aspects of their training and development toward independent careers. We collaborate with School of Medicine and University-wide organizations, departments, faculty and staff to enhance the research, training, wellness, and professional development of postdoctoral scholars and to support their transition to successful careers in academia, industry, government, and other employment sectors.
- Review and approve all postdoctoral appointments and re-appointments in the School of Medicine
- Develop and implement postdoctoral policies and metrics for tracking career outcomes
- Collaborate with School of Medicine and campus partners for professional development, academic, career and skill-building programs and workshops
- Support and advocate for the work of the Johns Hopkins Postdoctoral Association (JHPDA) and the Diversity Postdoc Alliance Committee
- Provide consultation and assistance with conflict resolution for postdoctoral scholars and their mentors
New Postdocs, Submit Your IDP Completion Form Now!
Postdocs who started between January 1 and June 30, 2019 are required to submit an Individual Development Plan (IDP) completion form by/before December 31, 2019 to meet requirements for re-appointment. Postdocs who started on/after July 1, 2019 are required to submit their IDP completion form by May 31, 2020 for reappointment. Instructions for creating an IDP can be found here. The required IDP Completion Form can be downloaded here. Note: Clinical residents/fellows are not required to submit an IDP completion form.
Announcements & Events
- Indoor & Outdoor Fitness Classes Have Begun - View the Full Schedule!
- Collaborative Teaching Fellows Program – Application deadline extended to July 18!
- Johns Hopkins CARES Symposium (July 25)
- STEM & Innovation Career Fair (September 20)
- 2019 New Postdoc Orientation; View the Agenda Here (October 21)
- Grant Writing Workshop: Write Winning K Awards; View the Agenda Here (December 5)
- Warren Alpert Postdoctoral Award (due November 1, but must secure JHU-SOM nomination much earlier!)
- See a full list of postdoctoral funding opportunities!
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
1830 E. Monument Street, 6th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21205-2196
Dana Boatman, PhD, Associate Dean for Postdoctoral Affairs
Megan Sampley Bohn, PhD, Assistant Director for Postdoctoral Affairs
Cassie Klein, MBA, Administrator, Postdoctoral Programs
Kimberly Averella, Senior Credentialing Specialist
Patty Crapanzano, Senior Administrative Coordinator