The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs supports research fellows in all aspects of their training and development toward independent careers. We collaborate with JHU-JHMI organizations, departments, faculty, and staff to enhance the research, training, wellness, and professional development of postdocs and to support their transition to successful careers in academia, industry, government, and other sectors.
Quick links to jump to:
To request a virtual appointment or for other assistance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SOM launched an online Individual Development Plan (IDP) tracking tool in September 2022 to help postdocs meet new JHU compliance requirements.
- Flu season is here! All SOM personnel are required to have flu shots. The new revised deadline is November 18, 2022. For more information see here.
- Advanced K-grant writing workshop to be held December 7, 2022 from 9:00 am - 1:00 pm. For more information and how to register, see here.
- Biomedical Careers Initiative is accepting applications for internships from Nov 15, 2022 to Jan 18, 2023. Postdocs are eligible to apply. For information.
- Flu shot reminder: the deadline is Nov 18, 2022. For more information.
Upcoming Funding Opportunities
- JH Center for Health Disparities Solutions 1-Year Pilot Grants. Deadline for applications is Jan 15, 2023. Postdocs encouraged to apply. For information.
Each month we feature recent SOM postdoc accomplishments, such as high impact papers, awards, and grants! Do you know a postdoc (yourself included) who should be featured? Email us to include them in next month's kudos at email@example.com.
Dr. Kristal Lyn Brown, Ph.D., MSPH, Internal Medicine
Dr. Brown published the paper “Eating to cope: Advancing our Understanding of the effects of exposure to racial discriminiation on maladaptive eating behaviors”, In the International Journal of Eating Disorders, October 2022
Seema Banerjee, PhD, FAAO, Department of Ophthalmology-Glaucoma
Seema was awarded as one of the top 200 young scientist participants at the Hong Kong Laureate forum 2022-2023 for her thesis work on Myopia and Neuroscience. Seema was also awarded as an international scientific fellow by the American Academy of Optometry as a Fellow of the American Academy of Optometry.
Jennifer Alejo, M.D., Department of Surgery
Dr. Alejo is a recipient of the 2022 Career Impact Award. The Career Impact Award honors members of a wider JHU Community who have gone above and beyond to support the professional aspirations of their colleagues. Dr. Alejo will be honored at the Career Impact Award Ceremony on November 15, 2022.
Need Career Counseling? The Professional Development and Career Office (PDCO) offers assistance with CV reviews, interviewing strategies, job applications, and more. Appointments are made through handshake on the PDCO website.
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
1830 E. Monument Street, 6th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21205-2196