The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs supports postdoctoral researchers in all aspects of their training and development toward independent careers. We collaborate with JHU-JHMI organizations, departments, faculty, and staff to enhance the research, training, wellness, and professional development of postdocs and to support their transition to successful careers in academia, industry, government, and other sectors.
The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs is delighted to welcome Dr. Marquita Genies, M.D., M.P.H., inaugural Assistant Dean for Graduate Medical Education and Postdoctoral Affairs Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. Welcome Dr. Genies!
Quick links to jump to:
Postdoc Kudos | IDP (Individual Development Plans) | Open Fellowship Positions
To request an appointment, please submit an appointment request here. If this is an urgent issue or you need other information, please contact the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
News & Upcoming Events
- Flu season is here! All SOM personnel are required to have flu shots. For more information see here.
- Advanced K-Grant Writing Workshop is scheduled for April 19th 2023, from 9:00 am-1:00 pm. For more information and to register.
- RENEWAL: The JHH women's board sponsored retail store located in Hunt Valley offers great shopping at great prices for a good cause. For more information.
- Lasker Foundation Essay Contest. Deadline for submission is March 31, 2023. Postdocs encouraged to apply. For information and to apply.
- 2023 Intersections Science Fellows Symposium to take place virtually October 4-6, 2023. Postdocs encouraged to apply. Applications due April 12, 2023. Call for applications and more information.
- New postdocs hold the date! The next New Postdoc Information session will be held virtually on April 28th from 2-3:00 pm. Postdocs will be contacted directly by the Office of Postdoc Affairs to register.
Upcoming Funding Opportunities
- Additional Ventures Catalyst to Independence Awards. Postdocs engaged in Cardiology research broadly relevant to single ventricle disease are eligible to apply. For information.
- SOM Postdoctoral Research Accelerator Award Program 2023 call for proposals is here. Deadline for postdocs to apply is April 7th, 2023.
- Fulbright Scholars Program announces availability of Fulbright Postdoctoral Awards. For information about the funding opportunities, eligibility and application instructions, see here.
Monthly Postdoc Kudos!
Each month we feature recent SOM postdoc accomplishments, such as high impact papers, awards, and grants! Do you know a postdoc (yourself included) who should be featured? Email us to include them in next month's kudos at email@example.com.
Ritu Yadav, M.B.B.S., Department Medicine, Cardiovascular Division
Dr. Yadav has published her first author publication and two abstract publications.
“Relationship between amiodarone response prior to ablation and 1-year outcomes of catheter ablation for atrial fibrillation”, Journal of Cardiovascular Electrophysiology, February 2023, https://doi.org/10.1111/jce.15845
“Incidence, Characteristics and Predictors of Acute Percarditis After Afablation”, Journal of the American College of Cardiology, March 2023, https://www.jacc.org/doi/10.1016/S0735-1097%2823%2900685-X
“A Rare Case Of MRSA Pericarditis With Purulent Pericardial Effusion Leading To Uremic Kidney Failure From A Right, Necrotic Toe”, Journal of the American College of Cardiology, March 2023, https://www.jacc.org/doi/10.1016/S0735-1097%2823%2903732-4
Dhiman S. Pal, Ph.D., Cell Biology
Dr. Pal published the paper “Spatiotemporal dynamics of membrane surface charge regulates cell polarity and migration”, Nature Cell Biology, October 2022, https://doi.org/10.1038/s41556-022-00997-7
Dr. Pal was awarded the Lewis Travel Award from the Department of Cell Biology to present a talk and poster at the Gordon Research Seminar and Conference on Directed Cell Migration in Galveston, Texas January 7-13, 2023.
Leah J. Elias, Ph.D., Neuroscience
Dr. Elias published the paper “Touching neurons underlying dopaminergic pleasurable touch and sexual receptivity”, In the Journal Cell, January 13, 2023. doi: 10.1016/j.cell.2022.12.034
Need Career Counseling? The Professional Development and Career Office (PDCO) offers assistance with CV reviews, interviewing strategies, job applications, and more. Appointments are made through handshake on the PDCO website.
Dana Boatman, Ph.D.
Associate Dean for Postdoctoral Affairs
Sr. Administrative Coordinator, Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
Cassie Klein, M.B.A.
Administrator, Graduate Medical Education & Postdoctoral Programs
Senior Credentialing Specialist, Office of the Registrar
Senior Administrative Coordinator, GME and Postdoctoral Programs
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
1830 E. Monument Street, 6th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21205-2196