The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs supports postdoctoral researchers in all aspects of their training and development toward independent careers. We collaborate with JHU-JHMI organizations, departments, faculty, and staff to enhance the research, training, wellness, and professional development of postdocs and to support their transition to successful careers in academia, industry, government, and other sectors.
To request an appointment, please submit an appointment request. If this is an urgent issue or you need other information, please contact the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs directly at [email protected]
- We would like to welcome all of our International Students and Postdocs to Lunch on Thursday, September 28th, from 12:00 to 1:00pm, at Grossi Plaza! RSVPs are appreciated but not necessary; https://forms.office.com/r/Me0Jg6DdLW.
- Hold the date! The next Advanced K-Award Grant Writing virtual workshop is scheduled for December 13th. For more information and to register, see here.
- Reminder, all School of Medicine personnel are required to receive the flu vaccination by/before Friday Nov 17th. More information about exemption requests, vaccine locations, and documentation is available through the Vaccine Management System (VMS).
- New Research Postdoctoral Fellow Orientation, October 6, 2023. More information will be emailed to all new research postdoctoral fellows.
- New! The Office of Research Administration will now accept grant applications where Postdoctoral Researchers serve in the role of Principal Investigator when eligibility criteria are met. For more information see here.
- Reminder that the enrollment and waiver deadline for the JHU Student/Learner Health Insurance Plan is September 15, 2023.
Academic Health Plans, Phone: 855.423.1678, Website: jhu.myCare26.com, Help: help.ahpcare.com
JHU Central Student/Learner Benefits Team [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
- Provost’s Postdoctoral Fellowship Program call for applications (deadline October 13, 2023). More information.
- Professional Development and Career Office listing of events for September 2023.
- Overview and Reference Guide to 2023-2024 Benefits for JHU Postdocs. The new JHU Health Insurance Enrollment and Waiver Website is now open.
Upcoming Funding Opportunities
- 2023 DuBose Postdoctoral Scholar Award - Call for Proposals. For more information see here.
- Limited Submission: Warren Alpert Foundation Distinguished Postdoctoral Scholars grant. JHU internal deadline September 14, 2023. See here for more information.
- Additional Ventures Catalyst to Independence Awards. Postdocs engaged in Cardiology research broadly relevant to single ventricle disease are eligible to apply.
- Fulbright Scholars Program announces availability of Fulbright Postdoctoral Awards. Information about the funding opportunities, eligibility and application instructions.
- New from NSF: Comprehensive post of funding opportunities and resources for postdocs and grad students called NSF: 101 Graduate and Postdoctoral Researcher Funding Opportunities.
Each month we feature recent SOM postdoc accomplishments, such as high impact papers, awards, and grants! Do you know a postdoc (yourself included) who should be featured? Email us to include them in next month's kudos at [email protected].
2023 Research Accelerator Award Winners
Dr. Joanna Konopka, Department of Neuroscience
Project: Identification of chemosensory receptors in Anopheles mosquito leg tarsi guiding sex-specific behaviors
Faculty PI: Dr. Christopher Potter
Dr. Angelica Cruz Lebron, Department of Pathology
Project: Investigating prostatic fluid extracellular vesicles cargo in prostate cancer
Faculty PI: Dr. Karen Sfanos
Dr. Leah Elias, Department of Neuroscience
Project: Identify the circuits and molecular mechanisms by which the brain senses and encodes sleep pressure
Faculty PI: Dr. Seth Blackshaw
Dr. Leda Restrepo Cardona, Department of Genetic Medicine
Project: Epigenetic determinants insights into the role of the long non-coding RNA Meg3 in the pathogenesis of aortic aneurysm
Faculty PI: Dr. Elena Gallo MacFarland
Dr. Chi-Ju Kim, Department of Urology
Project: The discovery of therapy resistance-mediating extracellular vesicles
Faculty PI: Dr. Kenneth Pienta
Dr. Nanami Senoo, Department of Physiology
Project: Elucidation of the pathology of Barth syndrome cardiomyopathy
Faculty PI: Dr. Steven Claypool
Dr. Shuai Wu, Department of Biophysics and Biophysical Chemistry
Project: Structural basis for the inhibition of full-length cGAS by di-nucleosomes
Faculty PI: Dr. Jungsan Sohn
Dr. Sowmya Ramesh, Department of Pathology, Division of Surgical Pathology
Project: Non-opioid Analgesic Lipid Nanoparticles to alleviate Osteosarcoma Disease Progression
Faculty PI: Dr. Aaron James
Need Career Counseling? The Professional Development and Career Office (PDCO) offers assistance with CV reviews, interviewing strategies, job applications, and more. Appointments are made through handshake.
Dana Boatman, Ph.D.
Associate Dean for Postdoctoral Affairs
Sr. Administrative Coordinator, Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
Cassie Klein, M.B.A.
Administrator, Graduate Medical Education & Postdoctoral Programs
Senior Credentialing Specialist, Office of the Registrar
Senior Administrative Coordinator, GME and Postdoctoral Programs
Marquita Genies, M.D., M.P.H.
Assistant Dean for Graduate Medical Education and Postdoctoral Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
Ed Hsu, M.D.
Director of Postdoctoral Advising
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
1830 E. Monument Street, 6th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21205-2196