I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs seeks to support research fellows in all aspects of their training and development toward independent careers. We collaborate with School of Medicine and University-wide organizations, departments, faculty and staff to enhance the research, training, wellness, and professional development of postdoctoral scholars and to support their transition to successful careers in academia, industry, government, and other employment sectors.
- Review and approve all postdoctoral appointments and re-appointments in the School of Medicine
- Develop and implement postdoctoral policies and metrics for tracking career outcomes
- Collaborate with School of Medicine and campus partners for professional development, academic, career and skill-building programs and workshops
- Support and advocate for the work of the Johns Hopkins Postdoctoral Association (JHPDA) and the Diversity Postdoc Alliance Committee
- Provide consultation and assistance with conflict resolution for postdoctoral scholars and their mentors
Advising & Career Counseling
We advise on matters related to the postdoctoral appointment and collaborate with the Professional Development and Career Office to provide career counseling (advice on the job search, review of job application materials, etc.). To ask a question or make an appointment, email us at email@example.com.
Upcoming Announcements & Events
- PDCO: Getting a Job in the US Federal Government (October 17)
- 2019 New Postdoctoral Fellows Orientation (October 21)
- Click above link to register; agenda can be downloaded here.
- A special School of Medicine presentation by Steve Harr, MD on moving discoveries to industry and developing careers in biotech (October 24)
- Excellence in Diversity (EiD) Symposium (November 7)
- University-wide Professional Development Day (November 8)
- Warren Alpert Postdoctoral Award (due November 1, but must secure JHU-SOM nomination much earlier!)
- See a full list of postdoctoral funding opportunities!
IDP Requirement for All New Postdocs
Postdocs who started between January 1 and June 30, 2019, are required to submit an Individual Development Plan (IDP) completion form by/before December 31, 2019, to meet requirements for re-appointment. Postdocs who started on/after July 1, 2019, are required to submit their IDP completion form by May 31, 2020, for reappointment. Instructions for creating an IDP can be found here. The required IDP Completion Form can be downloaded here. Note: Clinical residents/fellows are not required to submit an IDP completion form.
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
1830 E. Monument Street, 6th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21205-2196
Dana Boatman, PhD, Associate Dean for Postdoctoral Affairs
Megan Sampley Bohn, PhD, Assistant Director for Postdoctoral Affairs
Cassie Klein, MBA, Administrator, Postdoctoral Programs
Kimberly Averella, Senior Credentialing Specialist
Patty Crapanzano, Senior Administrative Coordinator