I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs seeks to support research fellows in all aspects of their training and development toward independent careers. We collaborate with School of Medicine and University-wide organizations, departments, faculty and staff to enhance the research, training, wellness, and professional development of postdoctoral scholars and to support their transition to successful careers in academia, industry, government, and other employment sectors.
- Review and approve all postdoctoral appointments and re-appointments in the School of Medicine
- Develop and implement postdoctoral policies and metrics for tracking career outcomes
- Collaborate with School of Medicine and campus partners for professional development, academic, career and skill-building programs and workshops
- Support and advocate for the work of the Johns Hopkins Postdoctoral Association (JHPDA) and the Diversity Postdoc Alliance Committee
- Provide consultation and assistance with conflict resolution for postdoctoral scholars and their mentors
New Postdoctoral Excellence in Mentoring Award: Call for 2020 Nominations!
The inaugural Postdoctoral Excellence in Mentoring Award is accepting nominations to recognize two postdoctoral fellows who have provided exceptional mentoring to fellow researchers. The two postdoctoral awardees will be honored at the 7th Annual Postdoctoral Conference in April and receive $1000 prizes. Nominations will be accepted from any Johns Hopkins University affiliate until January 15, 2020. Self-nominations are permitted. For more information, click here.
We Offer Career Counseling & Reviews of Job Application Materials!
We advise on matters related to the postdoctoral appointment and collaborate with the Professional Development and Career Office to provide career counseling. Contact us to receive assistance with job application materials (perfecting resumes, CVs, cover letters, etc.), job search strategies, and much more. To set up an appointment for career counseling, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Announcements & Events
- The Next IDP Deadline is December 20, 2019. Do You Need To Submit Your Form?
- The Office of Institutional Equity (OIE) Now Holds Office Hours in East Baltimore
- 2019 Homewood Holiday 5k and 2.5k Relay (December 8)
- Women in Academic Research Pathways Discussion Group: Gender Equity in Science at Hopkins (December 13)
- iBiology Young Scientist Series (application due December 16)
- Young Investigators' Day (April 7, 2020)
Funding & Training Opportunities
- Apply for the Postdoctoral Biodesign Training Program
- See a full list of postdoctoral funding opportunities!
Information From Past Events
- New Responsible Conduct of Research Seminar for Postdoctoral Fellows
- 2019 Orientation for New Postdoctoral Fellows
Who needs to submit:
Postdocs who started between January 1 and June 30, 2019, are required to submit an Individual Development Plan (IDP) completion form by/before December 20, 2019, to meet requirements for re-appointment. Postdocs who started on/after July 1, 2019, are required to submit their IDP completion form by May 31, 2020, for reappointment. Instructions for creating an IDP can be found here. The required IDP Completion Form can be downloaded here. Note: Clinical residents/fellows are not required to submit an IDP completion form.
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
1830 E. Monument Street, 6th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21205-2196
Dana Boatman, PhD, Associate Dean for Postdoctoral Affairs
Megan Sampley Bohn, PhD, Assistant Director for Postdoctoral Affairs
Cassie Klein, MBA, Administrator, Postdoctoral Programs
Kimberly Averella, Senior Credentialing Specialist
Patty Crapanzano, Senior Administrative Coordinator