The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs supports research fellows in all aspects of their training and development toward independent careers. We collaborate with JHU-JHMI organizations, departments, faculty, and staff to enhance the research, training, wellness, and professional development of postdocs and to support their transition to successful careers in academia, industry, government, and other sectors.
Quick links to jump to:
To request a virtual appointment or for other assistance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Read the announcements about COVID policies, travel guidance, and vaccinations and the flu vaccine requirement from SOM.
- Job Search Community (PDCO). Registration is limited, register by Jan 24, 2022!
- Kuggie Vallee Distinguished Lecture, register here. Jan 25, 2022.
- Writing an Effective Teaching Philosophy Statement (CIRTL Network). Jan 27 & Feb 3, 2022.
- Apply for the Young Investigators' Day awards, applications due Feb 4, 2022.
Upcoming Funding Opportunities
- Kavli NDI Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellows Program. Applications due Jan 21, 2022.
- Toffler Scholar Program. Internal application deadline is Feb 17, 2022. Postdocs are eligible to apply
- Cancer Research Institute (CRI) Irvington Postdoctoral Fellowship to Promote Racial Diversity. Applications due March 1 and September 1, 2022.
- NIH MOSAIC K99/R00 Award for underrepresented groups in biomedical research.
Each month we feature recent SOM postdoc accomplishments, such as high impact papers, awards, and grants! Do you know a postdoc (yourself included) who should be featured? Email us to include them in next month's kudos at email@example.com
Dr. Christodoulou published the paper "Engineering CAR-NK cells to secrete IL-15 sustains their anti-AML functionality but is associated with systemic toxicities" in the Journal for ImmunoTherapy of Cancer in December 2021
Dr. Doss published the paper "Psilocybin therapy increases cognitive and neural flexibility in patients with major depressive disorder" in Translational Psychiatry in November 2021
Dr. Kumar published the paper "Supraphysiologic Testosterone Induces Ferroptosis and Activates Immune Pathways through Nucleophagy in Prostate Cancer" in Cancer Research in December 2021
Support for Postdoctoral Fellows
Need Career Counseling? Sign-up for an Online Session!
We advise on matters related to your postdoctoral appointment and collaborate with the Professional Development and Career Office (PDCO) to provide career counseling. Contact us for assistance with job application materials (resumes, CVs, cover letters, etc.), job search strategies, and more.
To set up an appointment for virtual career counseling, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
1830 E. Monument Street, 6th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21205-2196