The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs supports research fellows in all aspects of their training and development toward independent careers. We collaborate with School of Medicine and University-wide organizations, departments, faculty, and staff to enhance the research, training, wellness, and professional development of postdoctoral scholars and to support their transition to successful careers in academia, industry, government, and other employment sectors.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the office staff are working remotely, but we are still here for you! Email us at email@example.com for assistance.
News & Events
- Congratulations to the 2021 School of Medicine Postdoctoral Research Accelerator Awardees (see Kudos section below for list of awardees).
- Two-Part K Award Grant Writing Workshop. August 18-19, 2021; 9:00 am - 1:00 pm.
- JHPDA Postdoc Research in Progress Forum. Every Thursday, 12:00 - 1:00 pm.
- Networking, Informational Interview, and Using LinkedIn for Career Advancement. June 24, 2021; 1:00 - 2:00 pm.
- Designing and Delivering Successful Oral Presentations. July 22, 2021; 1:00 - 2:00 pm.
- New! To Learn about Upcoming Professional and Career Development Offerings for Postdocs, See listing.
Upcoming Funding Opportunities
- NIH Cancer Prevention Fellowship Program. Applications due August 16, 2021.
Congratulations to the winners of the Inaugural Research Accelerator Award (listed alphabetically)
Dr. Abhijit Deb Roy, Department of Cell Biology
Dr. Elena Jansen, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Dr. Ronan Mooney, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Dr. Joshua Raji, Department of Neuroscience
Dr. Rui-Han Wei, Department of Biomedical Engineering
Dr. Junior West, Department of Cell Biology
Dr. Nathan Zaidman, Department of Physiology
Support for Postdoctoral Fellows
Need Career Counseling? Sign-up for an Online Session!
We advise on matters related to your postdoctoral appointment and collaborate with the Professional Development and Career Office (PDCO) to provide career counseling. Contact us for assistance with job application materials (resumes, CVs, cover letters, etc.), job search strategies, and more.
To set up an appointment for virtual career counseling, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
1830 E. Monument Street, 6th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21205-2196