The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs supports research fellows in all aspects of their training and development toward independent careers. We collaborate with JHU-JHMI organizations, departments, faculty, and staff to enhance the research, training, wellness, and professional development of postdocs and to support their transition to successful careers in academia, industry, government, and other sectors.
Quick links to jump to:
To request a virtual appointment or for other assistance, please email us at email@example.com.
- Read the announcements about COVID Safety Guidelines and vaccinations from SOM.
- SOM Research Integrity Colloquium: Navigating Authorship: Opportunities and Challenges for Mentors and Mentees. Sept 28, 2021.
- Managing Investments and Creating a Balanced Portfolio (Johns Hopkins Federal Credit Union). Sept 29, 2021.
- Science Policy & Communication: Science Policy Careers in Government (PDCO). Sept 30, 2021.
- Retirement: Setting Yourself Up for Long-Term Financial Security (Johns Hopkins Federal Credit Union). Oct 6, 2021.
- Academic Job Search Series - OPTIONS Program (PDCO). Next workshop Oct 7, 2021. Other dates Oct - Nov 2021.
- Science Policy & Communication: Opportunities in Science Diplomacy (PDCO). Oct 14, 2021.
- Scientific Writing Workshop (JHU ReVision). Oct 14, 2021.
- Careers in Science Communication and Outreach (PDCO). Oct 19, 2021.
- 5th Annual Excellence in Diversity Symposium (JHPDA DPAC). Oct 20, 2021.
Upcoming Funding Opportunities
- HHMI Hanna H. Gray Fellows Program. Applications due December 1, 2021.
- American Epilepsy Society Postdoctoral Fellowship. Applications due January 14, 2022.
- NIH (MOSAIC) K99/R00 Award for underrepresented groups in biomedical research.
Each month we feature recent SOM postdoc accomplishments, such as high impact papers, awards, and grants! Do you know a postdoc (yourself included) who should be featured? Email us to include them in next month's kudos at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Jo published the paper "Molecular Nanomechanical Mapping of Histamine-Induced Smooth Muscle Cell Contraction and Shortening" in ACS Nano, July 2021
Dr. Pani published the paper "B cells modulate the expression of MHC-II on cardiac CCR2− macrophages" in the Journal of Molecular and Cellular Cardiology, Aug 2021
Dr. Sampah published the paper "Prenatal Immunity and Influences on Necrotizing Enterocolitis and Associated Neonatal Disorders" in Frontiers in Immunology
Support for Postdoctoral Fellows
Need Career Counseling? Sign-up for an Online Session!
We advise on matters related to your postdoctoral appointment and collaborate with the Professional Development and Career Office (PDCO) to provide career counseling. Contact us for assistance with job application materials (resumes, CVs, cover letters, etc.), job search strategies, and more.
To set up an appointment for virtual career counseling, email us at email@example.com.
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
1830 E. Monument Street, 6th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21205-2196