I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs seeks to support research fellows in all aspects of their training and development toward independent careers. We collaborate with School of Medicine and University-wide organizations, departments, faculty and staff to enhance the research, training, wellness, and professional development of postdoctoral scholars and to support their transition to successful careers in academia, industry, government, and other employment sectors.
- Review and approve all postdoctoral appointments and re-appointments in the School of Medicine
- Develop and implement postdoctoral policies and metrics for tracking career outcomes
- Collaborate with School of Medicine and campus partners for professional development, academic, career and skill-building programs and workshops
- Support and advocate for the work of the Johns Hopkins Postdoctoral Association (JHPDA) and the Diversity Postdoc Alliance Committee
- Provide consultation and assistance with conflict resolution for postdoctoral scholars and their mentors
New Postdocs, Submit Your IDP Completion Form Now!
Postdocs who started between July 1 and December 31, 2018 are required to submit verification of Individual Development Plan (IDP) completion before June 1, 2019 in order to complete processing of their appointment renewals. Instructions for creating an IDP can be found here. The required IDP Completion Form can be downloaded here. Note: Clinical residents/fellows are not required to submit an IDP completion form. Research postdocs who started on/after January 1, 2019 do not have to submit an IDP completion form until 2020.
Register for the 6th Annual Johns Hopkins University Postdoctoral Conference on April 11!
The Johns Hopkins Postdoctoral Association is hosting its annual conference for all Johns Hopkins University postdoctoral fellows on April 11 in the Turner Concourse. To register, view the full agenda, session topics, and plenary speakers, click here.
Additional Announcements & Events
- Pre-register for the Research Integrity Colloquium on Responsible Animal Subjects (March 29)
- The Women of Whiting Host the Annual Women in STEM Symposium on April 6, 2019
- Postdocs Wanted: Click here to be a poster judge!
- IDP Workshop - Create your Individual Development Plan (April 8)
- Grant Writing Workshop: Writing NIH F Awards (May 17)
- Check Out the Summer Internships Available to SOM Postdocs Through Biomedical Careers Initiative!
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
1830 E. Monument Street, 6th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21205-2196
Dana Boatman, PhD, Associate Dean for Postdoctoral Affairs
Megan Sampley Bohn, PhD, Assistant Director for Postdoctoral Affairs
Cassie Klein, MBA, Administrator, Postdoctoral Programs
Kimberly Averella, Senior Credentialing Specialist
Patty Crapanzano, Senior Administrative Coordinator