I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs seeks to support research fellows in all aspects of their training and development toward independent careers. We collaborate with School of Medicine and University-wide organizations, departments, faculty and staff to enhance the research, training, wellness, and professional development of postdoctoral scholars and to support their transition to successful careers in academia, industry, government, and other employment sectors.
- Review and approve all postdoctoral appointments and re-appointments in the School of Medicine
- Develop and implement postdoctoral policies and metrics for tracking career outcomes
- Collaborate with School of Medicine and campus partners for professional development, academic, career and skill-building programs and workshops
- Support and advocate for the work of the Johns Hopkins Postdoctoral Association (JHPDA) and the Diversity Postdoc Alliance Committee
- Provide consultation and assistance with conflict resolution for postdoctoral scholars and their mentors
IDP Requirement for All New Postdocs
Postdocs who started between January 1 and June 30, 2019 are required to submit an Individual Development Plan (IDP) completion form by/before December 31, 2019 to meet requirements for re-appointment. Postdocs who started on/after July 1, 2019 are required to submit their IDP completion form by May 31, 2020 for reappointment. Instructions for creating an IDP can be found here. The required IDP Completion Form can be downloaded here. Note: Clinical residents/fellows are not required to submit an IDP completion form.
Upcoming Announcements & Events
Welcome all new postdoctoral fellows! To get information about resources available to incoming postdocs, please click here.
JHU announces enhanced childcare assistance for postdocs, read more about it here.
- Indoor & Outdoor Fitness Classes Have Begun - View the Full Schedule!
- PDCO: NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program Workshop (August 29)
- Industry fellowship in Computational Medicine announced by United Therapeutics in collaboration with Johns Hopkins University. Deadline to apply is September 1, read more about it here.
- PDCO: Science Policy Careers at Professional Societies (September 3)
- STEM & Innovation Career Fair (September 20)
- 2019 New Postdoc Orientation; View the Agenda Here (October 21)
- Warren Alpert Postdoctoral Award (due November 1, but must secure JHU-SOM nomination much earlier!)
- See a full list of postdoctoral funding opportunities!
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
1830 E. Monument Street, 6th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21205-2196
Dana Boatman, PhD, Associate Dean for Postdoctoral Affairs
Megan Sampley Bohn, PhD, Assistant Director for Postdoctoral Affairs
Cassie Klein, MBA, Administrator, Postdoctoral Programs
Kimberly Averella, Senior Credentialing Specialist
Patty Crapanzano, Senior Administrative Coordinator