The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs supports research fellows in all aspects of their training and development toward independent careers. We collaborate with School of Medicine and University-wide organizations, departments, faculty, and staff to enhance the research, training, wellness, and professional development of postdoctoral scholars and to support their transition to successful careers in academia, industry, government, and other employment sectors.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the office staff are working remotely, but we are still here for you! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
News & Events
Important Upcoming Events
- Due soon! Research Accelerator Awards: applications from SOM postdocs due by April 30, 2021. For more information, see announcement.
- Postdoc Dine & Dash - free lunches for research postdocs! May 11, 2021; 12:00 - 2:00 pm. Register to reserve a lunch by May 5, 2021.
- New! To Learn about Upcoming Professional and Career Development Offerings for Postdocs, See listing.
- New JH Shuttle Routes between East Baltimore Campus and Canton beginning April 5. See announcement for more information.
- Annual JHPDA Conference; April 22, 2021, 11:00 am - 5:00 pm. For information on abstract submission and registration.
- The Postdoc Academy: Succeeding as a Postdoc. Course runs April 26 - June 7, 2021. See course listing for more details.
- Workshop: Reproducible Research. April 28, 2021; 9:30 am - 5:00 pm. See announcement for details on sections of interest (not required to attend all four sections).
- NIH Future Research Leaders Conference. Application deadline May 10, 2021 at 12:00 pm. See announcement for more information.
- Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center Virtual Fellow Research Day. May 12-13, 2021. See announcement for more information.
Upcoming Funding Opportunities
- Limited Submission: Hartwell Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowship. Applications due June 4, 2021. See announcement for more information.
Support for Postdoctoral Fellows
Need Career Counseling? Sign-up for an Online Session!
Due to the university response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are switching our career counseling formats to Zoom, phone, and/or email.
We can advise on matters related to your postdoctoral appointment and collaborate with the Professional Development and Career Office (PDCO) to provide career counseling. Contact us to receive assistance with job application materials (perfecting resumes, CVs, cover letters, etc.), job search strategies, and much more.
To set up an appointment for virtual career counseling, email us at email@example.com.
Dr. Grace Muller
Congratulations to Dr. Grace Muller for receiving an American Heart Association Career Development Award. Dr. Muller has been a postdoc in Dr. David Kass's laboratory in the Department of Medicine since 2015, where she investigates the role of the phosphodiesterase type1 (PDE1) protein in cardiac function. In addition to efforts in the lab, Grace led the Johns Hopkins Postdoctoral Association (JHPDA) as a co-president and served as a peer representative for SOM postdoctoral fellows in her department. Dr. Muller will continue her work in the Department of Medicine as an Instructor.
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
1830 E. Monument Street, 6th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21205-2196