I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs seeks to support research fellows in all aspects of their training and development toward independent careers. We collaborate with School of Medicine and University-wide organizations, departments, faculty and staff to enhance the research, training, wellness, and professional development of postdoctoral scholars and to support their transition to successful careers in academia, industry, government, and other employment sectors.
- Review and approve all postdoctoral appointments and re-appointments in the School of Medicine
- Develop and implement postdoctoral policies and metrics for tracking career outcomes
- Collaborate with School of Medicine and campus partners for professional development, academic, career and skill-building programs and workshops
- Support and advocate for the work of the Johns Hopkins Postdoctoral Association (JHPDA) and the Diversity Postdoc Alliance Committee
- Provide consultation and assistance with conflict resolution for postdoctoral scholars and their mentors
Upcoming Announcements & Events
National Postdoc Appreciation Week (NPAW) starts September 16th. All postdocs are welcome to stop by our office on Tuesday, September 17th between 9-11:00 to grab coffee, a bagel, and a free mug. Location: Vivian Foster conference room, Office of Postdoctoral Affairs, 6th floor 1830 Building.
- National Postdoc Appreciation Week – Coffee and bagels with the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs September 17 9-11 AM (Vivian Foster conference room, 1830 Building 6th floor)
- PDCO: US FDA Employer Visit; Info Session, Resume Review, and Career Fair (September 17)
- PDCO: Career Clinic – Job Negotiation (September 18)
- STEM & Innovation Career Fair (September 20)
- Responsible Conduct of Research Seminar for Postdocs (October 8)
- 2019 New Postdoc Orientation; View the Agenda Here (October 21)
- A special School of Medicine presentation by Steve Harr, MD on moving discoveries to industry and developing careers in biotech (October 24)
- Warren Alpert Postdoctoral Award (due November 1, but must secure JHU-SOM nomination much earlier!)
- See a full list of postdoctoral funding opportunities!
IDP Requirement for All New Postdocs
Postdocs who started between January 1 and June 30, 2019 are required to submit an Individual Development Plan (IDP) completion form by/before December 31, 2019 to meet requirements for re-appointment. Postdocs who started on/after July 1, 2019 are required to submit their IDP completion form by May 31, 2020 for reappointment. Instructions for creating an IDP can be found here. The required IDP Completion Form can be downloaded here. Note: Clinical residents/fellows are not required to submit an IDP completion form.
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
1830 E. Monument Street, 6th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21205-2196
Dana Boatman, PhD, Associate Dean for Postdoctoral Affairs
Megan Sampley Bohn, PhD, Assistant Director for Postdoctoral Affairs
Cassie Klein, MBA, Administrator, Postdoctoral Programs
Kimberly Averella, Senior Credentialing Specialist
Patty Crapanzano, Senior Administrative Coordinator