All residency and clinical fellowship programs at Johns Hopkins Medicine are overseen by the Associate Dean for Graduate Medical Education and by the Graduate Medical Education Committee (GMEC).
Responsibilities of the GMEC include the following:
- Develop and review policies and procedures that affect both ACGME-accredited and non-accredited clinical training programs and their trainees
- Maintain oversight of and liaison with clinical program directors
- Conduct regular reviews of ACGME-accredited clinical training program in accordance with the Common Program Requirements and the RRC Program Requirements
- Review and approve non-ACGME accredited clinical training programs to insure that they meet equivalent standards to those required for accredited programs
- Review and approve changes to training programs which could affect educational quality or require ACGME approval
- Provide a forum for exchange of information among all parties involved in graduate medical education
- Review Letters of Report concerning all ACGME-accredited clinical training programs and monitor action plans for correction in areas of non-compliance
The GMEC meets the second Wednesday of each month, with the exception of August.