I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
RCR Program Frequently Asked Questions
- Who is required to complete RCR training?
All SOM faculty, postdoctoral fellows, and staff involved in research are required to complete the School of Medicine RCR Program. Graduate students and other trainees should contact their training programs for more information.
- What are the requirements of the RCR Program?
There are three required modules of the RCR program:
* An online RCR course offered by CITI, available through myLearning in the Johns Hopkins portal
* The Research Integrity Colloquia
* An annual department/division meeting on a relevant RCR topic.
- Can I substitute RCR training completed elsewhere for the SOM requirement?
If you have completed RCR training at another institution or through course work at SOM, JHBSPH or Homewood, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of your RCR training and the Research Integrity staff will determine if the training fulfills the requirements.
- I can't make it to a Research Integrity Colloquium but I need credit. Are there any other options?
Seven of the REWards workshops can be substituted one-for-one for the Research Integrity Colloquia:
* Data Acquisition
* Authorship Guidelines
* Conflict of Interest
* Scientific Integrity: The Francis Collins Video
* Introduction to Human Subjects Research: Noteworthy Hopkins Cases
* Responsible Conduct of Clinical Research – The NSABP Debacle
* Ownership of Data/Tissue
Departments/Divisions may plan additional RCR meetings and request that they be considered for Research Integrity Colloquium equivalency. For more information on the Departmental/Division RCR Meetings, visit the Division of Research Integrity's intranet site. To request that a Department/Division RCR Meeting be considered for Research Integrity Colloquium equivalency, contact the Division of Research Integrity.
- Who do I contact about the RCR Program?
Email Research Integrity staff at email@example.com or call 410-361-8667.
Sign Up for Fundamentals
Stay up-to-date with the latest research findings from the Institute for Basic Biomedical Sciences.
Please enter a valid email address.