I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
New 2022 Research Discount Rates
Please see the letter from Dr. Gail Daumit, Vice Dean for Clinical Investigation, with the notification of this year's research rates.
New! Research Participant Information Handout for Maryland Outpatient Facility Fee Notice
Provide this handout to your research participants when they have questions about their Maryland Outpatient Facility Fee Notice letters.
New! Research Staff FAQs for Maryland Outpatient Facility Fee Notice
This FAQs document is intended to assist research teams answer research participants' questions about outpatient facility fee notice letters they will receive as part as this new Maryland law.
New Tip Sheets! We have two new tip sheets to share with you:
Research Lab Orders in Epic & Billing explains the importance of linking lab orders to the research study and what happens when labs are drawn in error.
If you have any questions about how research fees work, this tip sheet is for you! Understanding Research Fees and Statements
Research Billing Buzz
Newsletter of the Johns Hopkins Medicine Office of Clinical Research Billing Compliance (CRBC)
Each month the CRBC shares with our stakeholders important and timely information related to our shared effort to ensure timely, compliant billing for research services.
Find the most recent issue and all past issues in this link and share with others.
Conduct of Clinical Research Policies
Clinical Research Billing Compliance Resources
- Hospital Facility Charge Master Files - Please contact Clinical Research Support Services at email@example.com.
- This document, titled "Understanding Clinical Research Billingis a brief primer on the workflow processes supporting billing compliance related to all activity related to participation in clinical trials across Johns Hopkins Medicine.
- LMS Link to Clinical Research Billing Orientation (Online)
- Clinical Research Billing Training Enrollment Request (login for LMS required)
- This interactive learning session, titled "A Complete Guide to Clinical Research Billing Compliance" brings together several offices involved in the Clinical Research Revenue Cycle at Johns Hopkins and will provide you with information on what are the responsibilities of the Principal Investigator and other study team members in regards to the Clinical Research Revenue Cycle at Johns Hopkins. Our goal is to provide a foundation for understanding the key compliance related process to your studies and how CRMS and the Research Account Statement billing operate.
- Clinical Research Billing Commonly Used Acronyms and Abbreviations
- Making A Statement - Zoom Presentations May 5 - 16, 2020 - A 45-minute session focused on understanding your monthly Epic RSH Account statement for services billed back to a study budget in SAP.
- CRBC Policy on CRMS Enrollment and Reconciliation with IRB Continuing Review Data
Signed Research Consent Forms in Epic
As of September 1st, 2020 CRBC is no longer uploading signed consent forms into Epic. These resources will help you navigate this change:
Video Training for placement of Release of Information Flag (JHED ID Required - You may need to click twice)
Clinical Research Financial Clearance
- Commonly Used Abbreviations in Insurance Clearance Responses
- Understanding Insurance Verification for Research Participants - You can provide to your research participants to help answer financial clearance questions.
- Submitting Insurance Clearance in CRMS (.pdf) - This document explains the Insurance Clearance functionality available in CRMS. If your study has a Prospective Reimbursement Analysis - PRA - you are required to use this functionality.
Clinical Research Revenue Cycle
See the letter from the Vice Dean for Clinical Investigation The Executive Committee for Clinical Research billing approved the new hospital billing discount rates for 2021
Clinical Research Management System (CRMS) Related Links & Material
- CRMS Tips for Compliant Research Billing
- CRMS Main Login Page (login required)
- Letter from the Vice Dean of Clinical Investigation regarding use of CRMS
- CRMS Main Help (Wiki) Page - This link provides in-depth guidance on all facets of the CRMS application that study team members may encounter
- For CRMS Help email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Direct Study Billing Material
- Entering a Budget # (Study I/O) in CRMS (.pdf) - This document explains how to enter budget numbers is CRMS. Studies with a Prospective Reimbursement Analysis, PRA, are required to enter this information in CRMS.
- Direct Study Billing Process FAQ - This document outlines how the Direct Study Billing Process supports timely invoicing of clinical services to research study budgets.
External Agency Clinical Research Billing Compliance Related Links
- Novitas Solutions - Medicare Local CMS Contractor – Clinical Trials and IDEs
- Medicare Policy Related to Coverage of Routine Costs in Clinical Trials
- U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA)
- Clinical Trials.gov
Johns Hopkins University and Johns Hopkins Medicine
- Johns Hopkins Medicine Research Main Page
- Johns Hopkins Institute for Clinical and Translational Research
- Johns Hopkins Medicine Suburban Hospital Office of Capital Region Research (CAPRES)
- Johns Hopkins Institutional Review Boards
epic@hopkins Clinical Research Related Links
- Project Portal for epic@hopkins (login required)
- Training Portal for epic@hopkins (login required)
- Epic Clinical Research Project Team Confluence Site (login required) - This site contain extensive material related to Clinical Research Functionality in the epic@hopkins application
Last updated May 12, 2022
Sign Up for Fundamentals
Stay up-to-date with the latest research findings from the Institute for Basic Biomedical Sciences.
Please enter a valid email address.